Chapter 18

*The Crown Prince's POV.*

"The Princess of Lillian will now enter."

At the same time as the servant's voice, a small girl stepped softly onto the red carpet, holding the Duke's hand.

The purple dress, decorated with frills and lace, was so gorgeous that it stood out even from a distance.

The ribbon ornament on her chest was cute for her age. The tiara on her head was very elaborate, and her pearl earrings were small and pretty.

Her brilliant blonde hair shone brightly, proof that she was of the Lillian's bloodline. Her golden eyes, inherited from her mother's side, were mysterious, and her small white face was pretty and cute.

Rumored, she was the Duke of Lillian's only daughter.

However, after the death of the Duchess, the duchy became closed and it would be difficult to see her face in person.

It was the Crown Prince's first time seeing her face.

He could still vividly recall the image of her under the fancy lights, escorted by the Duke, stepping slowly down the red-carpeted path.

"Hi."

When he spoke to her, Roxana stared at him, her eyes wide opened like a frightened rabbit.

"Are you the Crown Prince?"

When he actually faced her, she did indeed have a beautiful face, but he had the impression that she looked somewhat dark and weak.

She looked awkward, perhaps she was uncomfortable with the Duke by her side.

In response, the people looking at her had high expectations, but they soon became disappointed.

She certainly look like the Duke in appearance. Her eyes seem to resemble those of the Duchess's. But they didn't think she has the same personality.

"The Lady is still a child. But she is still very clever for such a young girl, she may even surpass the duchess when she is older."

The Duke was regal and dignified, and the Duchess was gentle and strong, but the princess did not seem to resemble either of them.

The Duke was standing next to her, so she couldn't come forward, and many people looked at her as if she was a prey.

But the Crown Prince was not disappointed to see her like that.

The Duke volunteered to go to war after the Duchess left the world due to illness, so the young Roxana must have been left home alone.

Not all, but children who grew up without knowing their parents' love were often traumatized. Moreover, she had never been involved in any outside activities and lived only in the Duke's mansion, so this was the first time she had appeared in such a crowded place.

With so many people's eyes focused on one person, it was only natural that she looked that way.

He looked at her, small and pretty, at first liking her, then feeling pity for her. When he tried to converse with her under the coercion of the mother-empress, he found her to be innocent and very lovely.

The aristocrats in the capital were all arrogant and vicious regardless of their age.

The higher their status, the more arrogant and vicious they were.

Among such people, Roxana could be said to be special, for better or for worse. After the debutante, which left a strong impression, the Empress summoned her son to the Empress Palace.

"Jeremy, you seemed to be on good terms with the princess at the banquet."

"Yes."

"You should get to know her better. It's not a bad idea to get to know her beforehand, since she may become your future wife."