Chapter 34

I was going through the letters and invitations, trying to arrange the dates. Stephen came to visit me. He stood in front of the door of my room, his face somehow firmer than usual.

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince is here to see you."

I frowned at the unexpected news. It was already the second time that the Crown Prince had suddenly visited the Duke's residence without prior notice.

'Does the Crown Prince think that we are in a friendly relationship that there is no problem even if he suddenly come without an appointment?'

"Lady, are you all right?"

Stephen looked at me with a worried look on his face.

He could see that I was not looking too good. But even though I was in a bad mood, the Crown Prince had came here himself, and as his fiancée, I had no choice but to see him.

I told Stephen I'd be right down, and then I sat in front of the dressing table.

Then the maids combed my hair with exciting faces and brought me a dress to change into.

In their eyes, I still looked like a dead and immortal person to the Crown Prince. In the meantime, I couldn't understand why Roxana would make a big deal whenever she met the Crown Prince.

There was also the appearance I had shown at the second Prince's victory banquet, so perhaps others saw us as reconciled and on good terms again.

Despite the fact that the situation was settled the way I wanted, I wasn't happy. The reason for this was the Crown Prince.

His recent sudden change in attitude and familiarity with me was not easy to adjust to, it was unfamiliar and awkward every time I saw him.

'What on earth is he thinking?'

The thought of the Crown Prince, who had shown more affinity for me than he should have, made my otherwise complicated feelings even more unsettling.

'Of course, I don't know how long such an attitude will last...'

I sighed inwardly.

"His Royal Highness is very good with the Lady these days, isn't he?"

"....?"

Joan opened her mouth as she brushed my hair. Tien, who was beside her, chimed in.

"Yes, he is. It's the same with the gift he brought last time, and the attitude he showed at the banquet....he just paid a visit to the Duke's residence, and now he's here in person again like this. It seems that His Highness really cares a lot about the Lady."

If anyone had heard Tien's words just now, I would have been ridiculed by others again. After everything he put me through, we became a couple again. I must have no pride.

I could tell that her intention was to make me feel better, but her exaggerated flattery didn't help much.

After she finished with my hair, Joan brought me a dress. After changing with the help of the maids, I opened the drawer and chose accessories. At that time, a silver pendant caught my eye.

The broken chain had already been repaired, but the owner had not yet been found. Originally, I planned to bring it with me to Hermes last time, but the shock of learning that the Lord of Hermes was really the First son of the Grand Duke of Croix had struck me so hard that I had returned to the mansion preoccupied.

How is it that this is in my drawer right now when the store owner said it would take longer?

"Annie, did you pick it up?"