Chapter 51

"I must have underestimated you. I didn't know before that you were so clever."

Claire stared at me, her gaze unfocused. She called me by a different name than before, perhaps because she thought there was nothing more to hesitate about. But there was something else that bothered me more than her rude words. Earlier, Claire's face had looked like that of someone who was agitated.

Now, however, she looked very calm. But she couldn't hide the hatred glowing with an eerie light in her gaze. What Claire had just said was so out of courtesy that I could punish her if I want to take issue with this.

But now that we were alone, who would believe me if I called it into question?

So instead of pointing out Claire's arrogance, I smiled lightly.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

".....Then, I'll be on my way. I don't know how I got over the crisis by accident this time, but I don't know if such good fortune will befall the Princess next time."

"I don't know what kind of play you'll prepare next time, but since you're so confident, I'm looking forward to it."

After the short conversation, we each took a step in opposite directions.

I quickly left the building and went to the garden. I walked a little further through a chest-high wall of grass and saw a large tree. I may have been mistaken, but I seemed to have made eye contact with someone who was standing here earlier.

"Who are you looking for so desperately?"

I turned my head to the sound and saw Elvin standing there. Today, he was wearing a white shirt and a dark blue coat with low saturation. The collar and edges of the coat were elaborately embroidered with gold thread.

The vest he wore inside was also embroidered with gold thread, making him look very gorgeous. It was the first time I had seen his face in such bright light, and I felt a little nervous. The red light from the sun dyed his profile a red color.

He had white skin, straight eyebrows, a high nose, a sharp chin, slightly long and sharp eyes, and red lips.

It was true that Elvin's appearance was something to marvel at.

And the atmosphere overwhelmed people. Even though it wasn't the first time I saw him, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

However, his behavior was like that of a stray cat. He was unpredictable. He came to visit me when I hadn't invited him.

Come to think of it, he and a cat looked a little alike. Of course, with his tall, elevated shoulders, he looked more like a lion or leopard than a small, cute cat. Elvin slowly walked towards me with a smiling face.

"I don't think the person you're looking for is the Crown Prince. Could it be that you were looking for me?" (Elvin)

"I just came to check because I think I saw someone suspicious." (Rox)

"A Princess without a guard? You're brave. I wouldn't have been able to do that."(Elvin)

It was not an action that I had thought about deeply.

I immediately denied Elvin's words inwardly.

However, I felt a little embarrassed, as if my true intentions had been exposed and I was trying to hide them.

"Why were the Lord in the same place? Were you waiting for me?"

I tried not to play with the tone that seemed to tease me, so I asked back.