Chapter 30

***

Even if I had broken off my engagement to the Crown Prince, there was no way I would have married them.

They were completely ignorant. There were people everywhere who liked to talk behind their backs, just like they were now. Even if I set an example and punish them, they would never disappear completely. Rather, it would only give people more excuses to speak ill of me.

Compared to what Roxana had been through, this was nothing.

If I can't calm my emotions and manage my facial expressions after something like this, it will be difficult to adapt to the social world in the future.

Being criticized or gossiped about by people was of course something to bear if I decided to play a villain.

But that thought didn't make the discomfort go away.

With a bitter heart, I forced myself to walk away.

Just then, my eyes caught sight of someone standing under a tree some distance away. Black hair, white face, it was that man I saw last time. He definitely made eye contact with me, but as I was struggling how to approach him, he silently walked away.

If I wasn't mistaken, the way he was looking at me was somewhat pathetic.

I never thought I'd run into him when I was looking so shabby, of all times....

I felt miserable for some reason.

Would he have thought that I pretended to be strong in the front but had no pride in the back?

It wasn't surprising if he thought that way about me since I looked good in the eyes of the world by standing beside the Crown Prince obediently, even after what happened last time. It was true. I thought I was pathetic too.

Thinking about it made me uncomfortable, and I frowned. It was a particularly lonely feeling, as it had been ever since I fell into this world.

I was on my way back to the banquet hall again.

I saw someone standing on the terrace in front of me in the distance.

It was the second Prince, with his mysterious silver hair and neat uniform. Not long after I saw him, the door to the terrace where he stood opened.

Someone came in. I looked at her face and saw that she was the very same Young Lady who danced with him earlier.

"Are the two having a secret meeting?"

The two of them exchanged a few words and then the Young Lady ran out, looking like she was about to cry.

The second Prince, who was left alone, swept his hair with a tired face.

As soon as I was about to take off my gaze and walk, thinking I should go back, I made eye contact with the second Prince who was leaning on the terrace railing.

" !"

He looked at me and frowned uncomfortably.

He then turned around and quickly exited the terrace.

From the 2nd prince's reaction, it seemed that he had misunderstood me thinking I was deliberately trying to eavesdrop. After arriving at the banquet hall, I looked around, but the Crown Prince was nowhere to be seen.

I was frustrated.

"He told me he'll come back soon..."

I went to the place where I was with the Crown Prince earlier, took a seat and had some drink.