Chapter 56

Elvin took the teapot and poured himself a cup of tea. However, his sunken gaze was not on the teapot, but on the void. He seemed to be agonizing over something.

As a result, Noah’s complexion became even worse. He was worried that the tea water would overflow and destroy the carpet. The carpet, red with fancy embroidery of gold and silver threads, was a very expensive one, newly brought in from Persia.

But a mere carpet was not enough to put him in a good mood. Fortunately, Elvin stopped just before it spilled. Noah breathed a sigh of relief inwardly. Elvin looked at his overfilled teacup and left his seat without touching it.

He quickly remembered that there was another person there besides him and turned his head.

“Get out of here.”

Elvin ordered coldly.

“What should I do with the request?”

“I will take it. I must thank you for finding my lost items.”

It wasn’t difficult to spread rumors among the people. But on the other hand, it was a big risk.

If it was discovered, many people would be decapitated. But since the master had already made the decision, Noah couldn’t argue. Noah quietly slipped out of the room, closing the door behind him. Elvin went over to the stove and threw in some firewood.

The bonfire, which had almost gone out, began to burn again when it touched the wood. Elvin looked at the scarlet flames undulating with gold and thought of someone’s face.

“*You’re smarter than I thought.” (*You=Roxana)

Elvin muttered to himself. A thin smile appeared on his lips for the first time today.

***

A rumor began to spread among the people.

The rumor spread fast from mouth to mouth.

Incidents and accidents happen every day, but this one was a little special. Because it was related to the royal family.

It was rumored that the Crown Prince was involved in the recent accident at the Count Evans’ residence.

It was said that Princess Lillian had called together a group of her closest friends at the Count Evans’ residence to deliberately bully Lady Dana, and that Lady Dana, who had a grudge against her, had staged the incident herself. Lady Dana’s lover, the Crown Prince, let this incident slide for her sake, even though he knew the truth.

The people were angry and disappointed by this incident.

There were mixed opinions among the nobles. The matter was brought up in disgrace among the people and damaged the reputation and good name of many people.

From Princess Lillian, Lady Dana, to the young ladies who attended the tea party, and even the Crown Prince…. No one was left out.

However, it was by far the Crown Prince and Claire who were the most talked about among the people. Although the aristocrats had secret lovers, the existence of an ordinary mistress was unfamiliar.

They were also considered to be very unclean. In fact, the name Clare Dana was well known among the nobility, but the people did not know much about her. Not to mention the fact that few people in the general population knew about Lady Dana, but many didn’t know that the Crown Prince had a hidden lover.

This was because the relationship between the Crown Prince and Claire was only “unofficial”. Moreover, his fiancée was the Duke of Lillian’s only golden jade.