Chapter 26

***

After completing his duties at the Duke's residence, Noah returned to the Hermes with a satisfied look on his face. He walked to his room, opened the door and tried to turn on the light. It was then that he heard someone's voice coming from inside the dark room.

"How's the princess?"

Someone came into his room without its owner.

But Noah didn't seem surprised, as if he was used to this kind of situation. He took off his coat without even looking at the other person with a disgruntled look on his face, and then turned on the light. Soon the dark and desolate room was filled with bright light. As the lights came on, Noah could see the face of the person who was proudly occupying the ownerless room. The man sat leaning against the couch with a weary face.

He had broad shoulders, long legs, fair white skin and jet black hair.

His eyes, with their long lashes, were deep and dark, and there was a hint of redness on his lips. The man's face was much finer and more beautiful than most women's.

His hair swayed softly whenever the wind blew through the window. The man looked like a graceful nobleman, but on the other hand, he was arrogant and dangerous. Noah relaxed the cravat that was clenching his neck as he struggled to breathe and replied with an indifferent face.

"She seemed to be quite different from the rumors."

"Did you deliver the gifts well?"

"Yes."

"Did she like it?"

The man's voice was seemingly indifferent.

But seeing as he had visited and waited in advance to hear a reply, he seemed interested somehow.

Noah agonized for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

When she opened the gifts, the look on the princess's face made it difficult to draw any conclusions. She kept her face expressionless from start to finish.

Every once in a while, she showed a smile, but it was not a sincere, joyful laugh, but only a polite, created expression or a cold sneer that hung over her lips. But when she opened the gift, her gaze lingered on the box for a moment. It was difficult to say that she was just happy, but she seemed interested in the gift anyway and didn't show any signs of dislike.

'Is it safe to say that she liked it?'

Noah hesitated a bit, but concluded.

"She seemed pleased."

"That's good."

A satisfied smile appeared on the man's lips.

But he eventually asked with a strange expression on his face.

"What about the thing I asked you to do?"

A faint tension flashed across the man's face as he asked with a look of dissatisfaction.

"She agreed to see you."

The corners of the man's mouth gave a small twitch.

"Is that so?"

He said casually, but his voice oozed a hint of satisfaction.

Noah, who had been working closely with him for a long time, couldn't help but notice the small change. After the short conversation was over, the man walked out of Noah's room casually like it was his own.

When Noah was finally able to rest alone, he changed into a light shirt and lay down on the bed.

Noah looked up at the ceiling and thought about the short conversation he just had.