Chapter 14

***

I could see the bewilderment on the face of the knight who asked me. The rest of the knights had the same expression on their faces. Now I became a little suspicious and asked them.

"Why? Don't you like it here? Then let's go to another store."

"No, it's not like that ...."

In response to my question, the knights' expressions became even stranger.

"If it's not like that then let's go."

As soon as I finished, I grabbed the handle of the door and pulled it open before they could stop me. As soon as we stepped inside, I could smell the steaks cooking in the kitchen inside.

I looked around the restaurant and saw that the seats were half occupied.

I sat down in the most secluded corner. The knights hesitantly followed me and stood beside me instead of taking a seat.

"What are you doing not sitting down?"

"...?"

At my words, the last knight's eyes went wide as if they were about to pop out. He reacted as if he had heard something unbelievable. I could see the shock and astonishment on the faces of the others.

"My Lady..."

The knight standing in front of me said.

"By the rules of etiquette, we are not allowed to eat with you."

"Even if I consent?"

"Yes, no."

"Why not?"

My question caused his face to turn puzzled.

"Because it's the etiquette. ......?"

He said in a voice that was much quieter than the first.

On the one hand, I didn't understand.

At the same time, I felt a little irritated.

As I sat there alone and they just stood there, the eyes of the people in the store began to turn to me.

Wearing a robe was commonplace, but it was certainly noticeable that I was wearing a robe and even a mask in the building.

"I'll keep today a secret, well, I'll swear on my last name."

"...!"

All I wanted to do was to settle the matter quickly. However, seeing them hesitate until the end, I felt my patience was running out. I didn't realize how hard it would be to move the servants while being a Princess...

"If you don't sit down and keep being stubborn, people will think it's weird, and maybe you'll get someone's attention."

I suppressed my anger and let it out in a cold voice.

"Why do you think I'm wearing shabby clothes and even a stuffy mask at the expense of inconvenience?"

The knights gave me a look of bewilderment.

But they still didn't move an inch, and no one was listening to me.

I said, still with a cold look on my face.

"If you don't want to, that's fine. But if you mess up my work, I'll go home and tell Lord Lorenz that you made me suffer."

"...!"

All four knights turned pale at my words.

Lord Lorenz was the name of the vice commander of the knight order belonging to the Lillian family.