Chapter 47

The second Prince asked me, but Claire's maid took over the reply. I understood her impatience and anxiety since the master whom she was taking care of was injured, but to dare to interfere in the dialogue between the Prince and the Princess....

"Does that maid have nine lives?"

The second Prince also frowned slightly, perhaps unpleasant.

"This woman is ......... ......?"

"She's a servant brought here by Lady Dana."

"I see."

The second Prince said as he looked at Claire, who was lying on the floor, drenched by the rain.

"In the meantime, let's move inside ..................."

I nodded.

While we were talking, Claire was still on the cold, rain-soaked floor.

If we left her like that, even healthy people were going to get sick, and the second Prince had his servants send Claire inside. The people were buzzing with anxiety as the situation became more serious with the appearance of the royal family.

Claire's maid followed her with a tearful face.

"One moment, please."

"....?"

The servant looked at me as if to ask what was wrong.

The servant's gaze on me was subdued but clearly hostile.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"My Lady has been bullied at the place where she was formally invited, and she even had this accident. We still haven't caught the person who tried to harm her, so of course I should be by her side."

The servant said with a look of resentment on her face as she was aware of the second Prince by her side.

The second Prince watched the situation in silence. He didn't show any particular reaction when he heard what the maid said.

It was fortunate that it was not the Crown Prince who was here now, but the second Prince. Unlike the Crown Prince, who blamed the other party without any back and forth when it came to Claire, the second Prince seemed calm.

I turned my attention to the maid again. If Claire was acting out, the odds of her being alone were slim.

On top of that, the face of the maid looked very familiar.

She seemed to be a follower of Claire's since she brought her along almost every time. If that was the case, then there was a big chance Claire's maid was also involved.

So ...... I couldn't just let it go.

"You said you were sure someone had pushed Lady Dana down the stairs. Do you have proof?"

"What? What kind of proof...?"

"It means either physical proof that can be proven, or someone who saw Lady Dana fall down the stairs."

The maid fell silent with a troubled look on her face, as if at a loss for words.

"You don't seem to have any."

"!"

The people looked at the maid and began to whisper.

I turned my eyes numbly to Lady Evans. Lady Evans, who had been frozen and only looking at me, made a small movement when her eyes met mine.

"Lady Evans, since today's incident took place in your house, it would be better for your family to take responsibility for the investigation. In the circumstances, the most suspicious person is this maid, so it's better to interrogate her."