Chapter 29

***

Lady Flynn opened her eyes wide and looked at me.

Currently, in the Empire, the fur business was conducted almost exclusively by the Flynn family. However, if I were to join the business, it was going to be a different story.

Now, Lady Flynn raised her head and looked at me dumbfoundedly.

It was because she didn't know what was going on. The Flynn family was no match for the Lillian family in terms of power and money. The Marquis family would suffer a great deal of damage if I intervened their business.

The Flynn family would be deprived of its leadership and might even have to step down.

If the Flynn family suffer a great loss, would Marquis Flynn forgive his daughter?

Even though the Marquis was her parent, the depth of a parent's affection and that of a sibling were not the same, so it was impossible to know how Young Master Flynn would treat her after she had ruined his business.

Fortunately, after what I said, Lady Flynn's turned pale. It seemed she understood me at once.

"A moment ago, His Majesty said that if there's anything I want for my birthday, I can just tell him. Currently, when I look at Lady Flynn, I feel that I should have exclusive rights to a certain business."

".... !"

Some of the nobles around her made a fuss.

"Such careless behavior......."

Lady Flynn glared at me sternly, her teeth clenched.

"What's wrong?"

The Crown Prince asked with a cold face, as if he was there for sometime.

"Your Highness, the Young Lady..."

Upon discovering the Crown Prince, Lady Flynn burst into tears.

That imposing and arrogant figure who had made accusations against me earlier had disappeared after a shadow of a second.

The small, cute girl looked so pathetic as she looked at him with a sad expression on her face, her eyes full of tears.

People could tell just from his attitude towards Claire that the Crown Prince was usually calm and gentle.

The Crown Prince was kind to everyone, regardless of their status, and many women adored him. I thought I could keep quiet this time, but with no Claire, the situation was the same, only this time the person had changed.

I felt a little tired, but I didn't show any sign of it and stood still, when the Crown Prince asked me.

"Roxana, your face is red, are you okay?"

He looked concerned as he alternated between the glass of wine in my hand and my face. He acted as if he couldn't see Lady Flynn who was right in front of him. Seeing it, Lady Flynn's expression hardened.

"Jeremy, I'm fine."

I called his name in a gentle voice, not only Lady Flynn, but even the Crown Prince looked perplexed. He stared at me with a blank face and immediately held out his arm to me. It was meant to escort me.

"You're not feeling well, so don't overdo it. Let's take a walk in the garden for a while until you're sober. Just like before."

The Crown Prince spoke softly with a smiling face. Lady Flynn seemed to be invisible at this moment.

Lady Flynn who had been watching the scene, fled with painful look on her face.

She turned around to stare at me, and before I knew it, heavy tears had fallen down her face. The sight of her reminded me what I had heard had heard. That she also loved the Crown Prince for a long time.