Chapter 2

It was the next day Sidharth met Shehnaaz at the hospital gate.
"Arey Shehnaaz tum. Why did you come today. Rest leti na ghar par." He said concerned.

She replied hesitating, "Theek hun mein Sidharth. Don't worry."
"Infact you don't need to worry about me." She thought.

"Kaha kho gayi ho. Chalo ander." Saying this he proceeded towards his cabin. She too went in her cabin.

"Why is she being so formal? Ajeeb hai yeh bhi. Kabhi baat kar leti hai aur kabhi pata nahi kya hi ho jaata hai." He wondered waiting for her to give him the day's schedule. She entered and narrated the whole schedule like a robot and went back to her cabin.

Sidharth was shocked seeing her behaviour. Rubbing his palms on his face, he tilted his chair backwards and closed his eyes. He went down the memory lane.

          Two months ago, he was still not healed from the wound that destiny had given him. But he has to begin with his work. After all, this hospital was his hard work. Also, other clinical psychologists working in his hospital will be at risk if the hospital's reputation come down. He cannot be selfish. He was not in a position to manage all his work by himself in that state. So he decided to appoint a Personal Assistant. He took a few interviews but was unsatisfied. There were just a few candidates left and Shehnaaz was one of them. The receptionist announced her name and she entered his cabin. Sidharth was stunned by her as she was oozing out confidence and replied every question correctly. Sidharth appointed her after discussing her salary. She joined from the next day and was perfectly doing her job.

Days were passing. He was trying to come out of his pain. It was just another day and he was gazing the picture kept in his wallet. Just then Shehnaaz entered, he panicked seeing her and tried removing the traces of tears from his eyes.

"Sorry sir. Mein baad mai aati hun." She said and turned to leave the cabin.

"Its okay Shehnaaz. Aa jao. Sabki life mai problems hai aur isme koi badi baat nahi hai if you have seen me in a vulnerable state." He said in a tired yet calm voice.

She sat hesitantly and asked, "Are you sure sir? If you are not feeling well, we can talk later."

"Na, just sit down. And bolo kis kaam ke liye aayi thi." He asked and offered her his water bottle. She denied so he drank water calming himself and getting back to his professional self. They discussed something related to his upcoming appointments and went back to their homes.

He had always seen her in a reserved nature. She doesn't talk much with the other staff. Even during lunch, she prefers to remain in her cabin. In the initial days, some staff members tried to talk with her and include her with them. But her response made them come to a conclusion that she is an arrogant girl. However, Sidharth knows that she isn't. She sometimes talk normally with him after that day when she found him in a vulnerable state but sometimes she behaves so cold and distant. Only God knows why she is like this.

Hearing the knock, he came back to the present. Anuj, a clinical psychologist (working in Mind Wellness Centre) came in to discuss Sanjay's (a patient) case history which depicts that bullying in his teenage made him a violent personality. He suffers from depression which makes him extremely violent at times. Sidharth tells Anuj to call him on the patient's next visit. He would personally meet Sanjay and talk to him. Anuj leaves and Priya enters informing Sidharth that a patient has come but does not have an appointment. The mother of the patient is begging to let them meet him once. Sidharth ask Priya to let them come.

A lady with a young girl entered the cabin. The lady seemed tensed and the girl looked self-conscious.

"Jai Shree Krishna. Mera naam Bindu Patel hai. Aur yeh meri dīkarī (beti) Rupanshi Patel hai." The lady spoke hesitantly as visiting a clinical psychologist is still no less than a taboo in the society. People often say "Pagalo ke doctor ke paas gayi thi."

Sidharth was quick to sense their discomfort. "Jai Shree Krishna. Sabse pehle toh aap relax ho jaayiye. Itna ghabraiye mat. Aapke aur mere bich jo bhi baat hogi vo hum dono ke bich hi rahegi."

Bindu felt comfortable as Sidharth was giving positive vibes but Rupanshi was still feeling uncomfortable.

"Batayiye, kya baat hai?" He said nonchalantly as it was normal for him. Everyday people come to him for counselling sessions and medications.

Bindu spoke, "Dr. sahab baat aisi hai ki isne pichle 3 mahino mai 2 baar aatmhatya karne ki koshish ki hai. Puchne par bolti hi nahi hai kya takleef hai."

Rupanshi was feeling embarrassed and her eyes were filled with tears. She started weeping. Looking at her daughter's condition, Bindu also became emotional. He observed Rupanshi's expressions carefully when Bindu was sharing the problem.

He rang the bell and asked the peon to bring water for the ladies. The peon came after some time, kept the glasses filled with water and left the cabin. He gestured them to drink water. Rupanshi still did not respond but Bindu made her drink water.

He asked Bindu to wait outside and let him talk with Rupanshi. When Bindu left the cabin, he asked her some general questions like her age, educational qualification, alma mater, hobbies, etc.
She was hesitant to share all these information with a stranger. But she can't see her mother in pain. So she reluctantly answered him.

"Rupanshi you are 27. Your father is a clerk in SBI and mother is a housewife. You have done your M.A. History from University of Mumbai. You are working as a school teacher in a reputable school of Mumbai. You love to cook and stitch. If we look at it, you have a good life. Then why you took such a drastic step?" He asked.

"Aapko lagta hai meri life bohat achhi hai. But sab jaisa dikhta hai vaisa hota nahi hai." She replied with her eyes downcast.

"Exactly my point. Yahi toh baat hai na. Sab jaisa dikhta hai vaisa hota nahi hai. Na hi koi super human hai jo sab khud se samajh jaaye. So you need to share. Don't worry I won't force you to share your problem with me in our first meet." He said and called Bindu inside. He told them to visit again tomorrow. They thanked him and left.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - Namaste everyone. Chapter 2 is out for y'all to tell me how was it? Aur haan bata dia karo koi mistake ya error ho toh. Chahe vo spelling, grammar, information etc. kisi mai bhi ho. It will help me to improve myself.
          And thanks for your response on the last chapter. Wait for the next chapter, till then sochte raho...

Why Shehnaaz suddenly started behaving so cold with Sidharth?

Was Sidharth correct in giving advice to Rupanshi to share her problem?

Whose picture is there in Sidharth's wallet? Koi toh batao, mujhe jaan na hai.😁

{Published on : Thursday, 28 April 2022}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya