Chapter 20

Shehnaaz stood up in anger and said, "Oh! So you are the mother who abandoned this child a few months back and now trying to prove yourself a good mother."

"Hey! Hold on, lady. Mind your tongue. How dare you talk to me like that and that too about my personal life." Shalini was equally enraged.

"Oh! You got the nerves to defend yourself. You are busy having an affair with this man leaving your child with her father." Shehnaaz screamed at her. She wasn't a judgemental person but her built up anger and emotions due to her past and bad experiences that it was exploding in a wrong way.

Shalini began crying hiding her face in her palms. Deep was tensed and shocked with this sudden war of words but his priority was his wife. He went near her and hugged her only to listen to a heartbreaking sentence. "She is assassinating my character by questioning our relationship. I am tired of all this Deep. I had already faced enough. Help me, Deep. Help me, get out of this."

"Miss Shehnaaz..." Deep tried to stop Shehnaaz but she interrupted him by saying them to leave her house.

Shalini wiped her tears and said, "You are a nobody to me. Don't you dare interfere in my life. Who the hell gave you the right to talk about me? Just mind your and business. I don't know how she is raised by her family that she is so judgemental." She then took Deep's hand in hers and started moving out.

Hearing about family, Shehnaaz was stunned and shocked. She realized the blunder she has done. She questioned someone's character. How can she? She has never done this. Realising her mistake, she began weeping but was too shocked to apologise to them or even move from her place.

Suddenly Deep turned and asked, "How do you know Sidharth?" Shalini was trying to drag him out too stopped and looked at a weeping Shehnaaz.

Coming out of her trance, Shehnaaz quickly apologized by folding her hands and fumbling with her words.
"I am...sorr...sorry. I d...don't jugde...Sorry, please...sorry."

Both Shalini and Deep realised that she wasn't a bad person but she has a link with Sidharth.

Deep repeated his question and gestured Shalini to ask her.

Shalini asked, "You have seen Prisha earlier. And you said you saw her with her father i.e. Sidharth. That means you know him. How?"

"I am sorry Ma'am that I talked ill about you and your character. I am apologising for the same but I won't answer this question." Shehnaaz stated firmly.

"To clear all your doubts, I would just say that I am her husband." Deep spoke pointing towards his wife who smiled at him.

"Your daughter...&...Sidharth." Shehnaaz murmured confused.

"Shehnaaz, though I am not obliged but I feel like I need to give you all the answers. But before that you need to tell me how do you know Sidharth? How is he related to you?" Shalini sat beside Shehnaaz and asked her.

"I used to work as his P.A." Shehnaaz replied.

"Fine, but why would his P.A. be so mad at me for abandoning my child and him?" Shalini asked her so that she spits the whole truth.

"Friend. We are....were friends." Shehnaaz stuttered. Both Deep and Shalini noticed her stammering and realised that it is more than friendship. She decided to tell the whole truth to her.

"Shehnaaz, I am trusting you with my truth. But you need to tell me your whole truth after listening to mine." Shalini spoke which made Shehnaaz realise that she caught her hiding the truth. Shehnaaz nodded.

"Prisha is my daughter but not Sidharth's. I mean she isn't his daughter biologically. But he loves her as his own." Shalini confessed making Shehnaaz gasp.