Chapter 15

Shehnaaz kept standing there and now tears were flowing from her eyes. Sidharth forgot about Rupanshi completely and stood up in shock, "Shehnaaz..."

"Sidharth, aisa kyu....?" Shehnaaz couldn't complete and started crying hysterically.

"Shehnaaz, listen to me. What you heard was not what you are thinking." Sidharth tried to explain as he does not want to be the person who would give wound to her heart. He fears becoming the reason of her mistrust and pain.

Shehnaaz came near him and hugged him. "I tried par sab galat ho gaya. Ab kya karu mein?" Shehnaaz asked Sidharth.

Sidharth knew that he should confess right now or she will loose trust in him and will leave him. He cannot afford to loose a person dear to him again. But as he opened his mouth to speak, Shehnaaz said something shocking him out of his wits. "Sidharth, aaj guard kaka ka birthday hai aur maine unhe surprise dene ke liye unki wife aur bete-beti ko yahan bulaya tha. Yahan sabhi ek dusre ko birthdays pe surprise dete hai. Par guard kaka ko nahi. Isliye maine socha aaj unka birthday celebration yahi karenge. Par uss cake wale ne end moment pe mana kar dia. Ab kya hoga?"

"Hein? Kya bol rahi hai tu. Tu cake nahi aaya isliye ro rahi hai?" Sidharth asked to confirm his doubt.

"Haan toh. Maine unki family ko toh bula lia par cake hi nahi aaya. Meri bezzati hogi vo toh alag unka dil kitna dukhega." Shehnaaz said wiping her face but again started sobbing.

"Par tujhe itna paseena kyu aa raha hai?" Shehnaaz asked Sidharth who was rubbing his sweaty face.

"Ku..kuch nahi." Sidharth stammered.

"Tu theek hai na?" Shehnaaz asked him as he was sweating in an air-conditioned room.

"Haan...mein theek hun. Tu chinta mat kar. Rahi baat cake ki mein le aata hun kahi aur se. Aur kuch snacks bhi le aaunga." Sidharth said ignoring her questions.

Listening to him, Shehnaaz hugged him and gave him kisses all over his face. One kiss was very close to his lips. They both looked at each other but Shehnaaz ignoring the awkwardness kept showering him with kisses. She has decided to go with the flow. She knew there is something within her for him, so instead of ignoring she decided to accept whatever it is. But this can't happen in one day. She will take it slow but won't step back.

Sidharth left after giving her a forehead kiss. On his way to the bakery, he tried calling Rupanshi but she wasn't picking up the calls. So he called Bindu Ji and told her to come with Rupanshi the next day for the session.

That evening they all celebrated the birthday of their own guard kaka. His family was also called to be a part of the celebration. Shehnaaz's respect for Sidharth increased when guard kaka's wife, whom they called kaki with respect told her that their children's education is financed by Sidharth.

When they reached home, Shehnaaz hugged him tightly. But this time she was falling more deeply for him. She knew, she very well knew where her feelings were going. Still she decided to go on. She was determined not to let her fear overpower her feelings for this man who has left no stone unturned to treat her.

Next day, Sidharth was sitting in his cabin fidgeting his fingers. He was restless. Just then, Bindu Ji entered with Rupanshi. Rupanshi's eyes were red and it seemed that she cried a lot. Looking at him and remembering their last day's conversation, her eyes filled up again. Sidharth felt bad for her.

"Bindu Ji, aap please bahar wait kare. Mein inse baat karke aapko bulata hun." Sidharth said pointing towards Rupanshi. Sensing the situation, she left giving a slight pat on Rupanshi's back.