Chapter 18

"It is completely fine. You can come some other day as per your convenience.  Just make sure to give a call before coming." Shehnaaz responded to the lady who called her to inform that she cannot come today. She asked Shehnaaz if she can come some other day.

Hanging up the phone, she started to work on a painting that she has taken on contract. It was a painting of a tree beside a waterfall where a bird is shielding her babies in the nest from the heavy rain. She looks at it with a longing and sighs, "Koi mere liye bhi iss mumma bird ki tarah hota toh kitna achha hota."

Shehnaaz then continues with her work in a monotonous manner. However, she takes a break for lunch. While she was having her lunch she is reminded of Sidharth who used to make sure that she eats well. Tears rolled down her cheeks. But she smiles remembering him that how well he identified her talent. This talent is keeping her sane along with helping with her finances.

On the other side, Sidharth was trying to search for her. He used to visit her old apartment every alternate day. He even waited for her to come back to the hospital. He wondered what she is doing and how she is surviving.

Sitting in his cabin, he was looking at her picture in his phone gallery with tears flowing from his eyes freely. His parents always taught him to let emotions out or else they will suffocate him eventually. He remembered his father's words, "My big boy, never let your emotions overpower you. Because if they are depressing emotions they will finish you. Let them come out in any form but make sure not to hurt anyone in the process of venting out your emotions. And remember crying is not a weakness, it is just a medium through which you are able to express your emotions. Boys can cry and it is quite normal."

Sidharth was not embarrassed of crying but he was feeling guilty for not talking to her on time. He was even worried for her safety.

Sidharth called his father as he was caught up in emotions, "Papa, what do to if I have hurt someone unintentionally due to some foolish assumption?"

Aditya knew that his son is not his own self since past few months. Prisha's revelation was shocking but it was a pleasant one. He knew it would be something else that is bothering Sidharth. "I will tell you everything. But before that tell me where are you. I hope you are not driving."

"Nahi papa, I am sitting in my cabin." Sidharth answered his father. He knew that his father was in army which makes him a disciplinarian and a strict task master.

"Achha ab bata kya hua? Whom did you hurt? And what assumptions you made?" Aditya asked.

"Papa, I have asked for some time from Maa also before I tell you my issue. Abhi karne do koshish ek baar to make everything better." Sidharth requested.

"Okay mere sher." Aditya was interrupted by someone who came to their house.

"Sidharth, Shalini aayi hai. We will talk later. Just remember Aparna and I are always with you. Abhi tu lad jitna lad sakta hai apni problem se. But when you need us, we will be there for you." Aditya said which strengthened Sidharth decreasing will power.

"I will papa. Afterall, I am your sher bacha. Haina." He said trying to comfort himself.

"Yes, mere sher." Aditya said and hung up the phone.

At the Shukla farmhouse,

"Come Shalini. Have a seat beta. Khadi kyu hai?" Aditya welcomed her.

"Ji papa. Kaise hai aap?" Shalini asked sitting beside him only after she touched his feet to seek his blessings.

"Mein theek hun. Tu bata tu kaisi hai. Iss baar itne dino baad aayi. Humari yaad nahi aati tujhe." Aditya asked her caressing her head.