Chapter 14

A few days later, they woke up early as usual. Infact it has become a ritual for them which they enjoyed. Sidharth took her on the terrace and was walking with her. It was time for sunrise. He stood behind her keeping his chin on her right shoulder and holding her waist from his left hand. At first, Shehnaaz was lost in his face and the proximity they were sharing but soon her trance was broken by Sidharth.

"Just look there and feel the beauty." He said pointing towards the sun which was peeking over the hills. He then tightened his hold using both his hands.

Shehnaaz kept her hands over his and rested her head on his chest while she kept looking at the sunrise. "Beautiful." She uttered. They stood there for about half an hour.

Sidharth asked, "Aaj off hai. Bata kuch special karna hai?"

"I will make all the meals today. And you will help me." Shehnaaz replied and then giggled on her last sentence.

"Mein aur kitchen. We don't go together. 36 ka aakra hai humara. I can only boil water, boil eggs and make tea." Sidharth said honestly.

"Koi na you will help me as my assistant." Shehnaaz said.

"Okay boss." Sidharth said saluting her which made her giggle. Sidharth also smiled seeing small changes in her in these few weeks.

"Achha sun. Phir tu kahe toh hum log gardening kare." Sidharth asked as he was reminded that two days earlier Shehnaaz was enjoying watering the plants in the morning.

"Haan. Bahut maza aayega. Sunday toh set hai apna." Shehnaaz said delighted as she never thought that weekends could be this interesting. Earlier, her routine was very boring. Work, eat and sleep were the only activities she did back then.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz made kanda poha for breakfast along with orange juice. After that, Sidharth took her to the garden with the necessary gardening tools. They watered the plants and planted saplings.

Shehnaaz was very fond of Gulmohar tree because of the vibrant colour flowers it gave. Sidharth had brought its sapling also.

"Yaar, I am so excited. Yeh jab flowers dene lagega tab it will add to the beauty of your garden. Sabko sirf rose, lilies aur tulips pasand hai. Kabhi Gulmohar ke flowers pe dhyaan hi nahi dete. Mujhe toh koi Gulmohar ke flowers aise hi pakda de na bina kisi bouquet ya ribbon ke toh bhi mai jhum uthu." Shehnaaz exclaimed with joy after they had planted its sapling. They dresses were spoiled with mud but smile was etched on their faces.

They had a late lunch because they didn't keep track of time while gardening. However, in the evening they went for jogging. Shehnaaz took a promise that they will do jogging and cycling on alternate days in the evening. Sidharth accepted her demand and added yoga and meditation in the morning routine. The day was spent well but as they were tired they slept after having an early but light dinner which consisted of khichdi.

Days were passing with remarkable improvement in Shehnaaz's condition much to Sidharth's relief. Even Shehnaaz has forgotten that she was on a treatment. She has taken anti-anxiety pills only once after that horrible incident. Anti depressants were slowly removed from her medication and there was no need of sleeping pills as Sidharth was there with her as her biggest support.

They have both come a little closer in these days. It was one day when Sidharth slept in her room while explaining her the importance of her life. When he woke up at midnight, he panicked and got up with a jerk. Shehnaaz also woke up due to movements.

"Sorry. Pata nahi kab aankh lag gayi. Tu ne uthaya bhi nahi." Sidharth clarified himself as he did not want her to misunderstand him or the situation.

"Maine kuch bola? Nahi na. Phir kyu hyper ho raha hai. I am comfortable with you and more than that I trust you." Shehnaaz said giving him a glass of water as his heart was running a marathon because of panicking.