Chapter 7

Next day, the sun was shining brightly and Sidharth was all ready to go to the hospital. Shehnaaz was still sleeping due to the effect of medicines. He thought to check her once. As he entered the room, he saw her twisting on the bed. He sat beside her and caressed her head. She woke up feeling someone in her room.

"Good Morning. Aap ready bhi ho gaye. Itna jaldi kyu jaana hai aapko aaj?" She questioned him unaware of the time and the place.

He was shocked upon hearing her and wondered did she forgot what happened to her yesterday. He shrugged his thoughts and pointed towards the clock which showed 10:00 a.m. Shehnaaz was baffled on seeing the time and tried getting up from the bed in hurry almost tripping on the floor. However she was saved as he caught her on time.

"Relax Shehnaaz! Kyu hyper ho rahi ho? And you are not coming to hospital today. Take rest." He said.

"No. I can't. I mean mein aaungi aaj hospital and sorry mein bhul gayi thi ki aapke ghar pe hun mein." She replied in a low tone as yesterday's incidents flashed in her mind.

"Enough yaar. Why you always argue with me? Kabhi toh ek baar mai baat maan lia karo." He asked.

"Please Sidharth I am fine. Aap mujhe mere apartment mai chhod do ya rehne do mein cab book kar leti hun." She said searching for her phone to book a cab.

On seeing the stubborn Shehnaaz back, he said "Fine. Chhod raha hun mein tumhe. Just go and freshen up first. Then breakfast kar ke hi nikalenge hum dono. One more thing you will come with me only to the hospital. And now no arguments."

On reaching her apartment building he asked her to get ready and come fast. She insisted him to come with her. He followed her and saw that her apartment was very simple. No photographs with family or friends and no decorations.

As she got ready, he took her along with him. The day was quite busy for both of them. But Sidharth called her during the lunch break and asked her to join him. She refused but one glare and she sat beside him.

After lunch he said, "See Shehnaaz. Whatever happened yesterday we both know about it. Right? Nothing is hidden from me except the reason for your condition. I still won't force you to share but let me tell you one thing very clearly...had I not seen you yesterday it could have been fatal to you. You need me as a doctor not as a boss for now. Please share. Kuch toh bolo. Just don't keep it inside you."

She was in tears by the time he finished. Seeing her in this condition he came close and tried to hug her. She was not in a correct state of mind and screamed, "No, stay away. Don't touch me. Paas bhi mat aana. I can very well take care of my self. And please don't poke your nose in my personal matters. Aapki P.A. hun usse related baat hai toh bolo."

He tried to say something again but she just pushed him. He was agiated by her actions and said, "Pagal ho kya. Kya bakwaas kar rahi ho. Stay away and Don't touch me. Koi baahar wala sune na toh usko essa lagega ki I am trying to harass you. Ek toh I am trying to solve your problem and you are making me feel sick of myself by behaving insanely."

"Then don't try to help me na. Mein buri hun, bekaar hun. I am fine the way I am." She replied and turned to go when he interrupted, "Okay then. If you are stubborn, so am I. Be ready aaj mere saath hi jaaogi tum aur vo bhi mere ghar."

"And who said this?" She questioned.

"Well I am saying this." He replied boldly and got back to his work. She left his cabin agitated, but felt bad later when she realized how she behaved with him.

When Sidharth was leaving for his home, he went to her cabin and told her to come with him. She denied but he was stubborn.

She then pleaded, "Please Sidharth. Aap jao. Mein nahi aaungi aapke saath. And I am genuinely sorry for the way I behaved with you today despite the fact that you took great care of me yesterday. But mein nahi aa sakti aapke saath. I am really not comfortable and please don't take this in a negative way. Mein kisi ke saath nahi aati jaati just isliye bol rahi hun."

"No I am not leaving you. Atleast not when I know you need me. You can take your time to share your problem but you are coming with me." Saying this he held her hand and took her along with him to his home. She tried in vain to protest.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE: Namaste everyone. I have written this chapter after a 2 months long break. I really have no idea about how is it. So please give me valuable suggestions for improvements.
Also, it was shorter as compared to other chapters. But I will soon get with the flow.

Any thing you want to say about the chapter, the protagonists' behaviour or the plot, please feel free to share?

{Published on : Thursday, 1 September 2022}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya