Chapter 23

"Sidharth" Aparna called him when the two were busy talking to each other.

"Maa" Sidharth panicked listening to his mother's voice. He was not sure what he would explain to his parents.

"I did not expect this from you baby." She spoke with a low voice.

"Sorry. I did not want you to be in any sort of tension. Dhund raha tha isse." He said pointing towards Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz looked down feeling awkward suddenly in his parents' presence.

"I am not talking about both of you. Par I didn't expect ki Dr. Sidharth jo itne logo ko counselling dete hai aur communication ki baat par zor dete hai, vo khud hi usse follow nahi kar paaye." She asked and wiped a tear that rolled out of Sidharth's eyes.

"Kyu baat nahi ki tum dono ne? Kyu nahi bataya tu ne isse apne baare mai, apna darr, apna loss aur apne depression phase ke baare mai?" Aparna asked while wiping his tears that flowed continuously.

"Aur beta tu, isne kuch bola nahi toh tu bhi chali gayi. Puchti iss se phir agar sahi nahi lagta toh jaati na." Aparna asked Shehnaaz while holding her hands and slightly pulled her towards herself.

"Sorry" Sidharth caught his ears and apologised like a school-going kid.

Aparna looked at Shehnaaz who was weeping silently. So she took her in her embrace and asked, "Meri baat ka bura laga kya bachcha? Itne uncomfortable kyu ho rahi hai. Agar tum dono ek saath ho aur mein iski maa hu toh phir teri bhi toh maa hui na. Aur kya mein tujhe daant nahi sakti?"

Listening to Aparna, Shehnaaz first looked towards Sidharth who smiled at her. She then looked at Aparna and whispered, "Maa".

"Koi na beta. Aparna ko maa nahi bolna toh mat bol. Mujhe toh papa bol sakti hai na. Maine toh daanta bhi nahi." Aditya said bending at Shehnaaz's height making her smile amidst the flowing tears.

"Kya aap bhi? Maine isse daanta kaha hai aur daanta toh bhi mera pura haq hai." Aparna said to Aditya and then turned towards Sidharth "Tu ne bhi toh mere se kitni baar daant khaayi hai. Bata na."

"Haan Maa. Aapka haq hai." Sidharth said and then kissed her forehead.

"Bass Prithvi ne kabhi meri daant nahi khaayi." Aparna became emotional as she was reminded of her one piece of heart.

Prisha was agitated when she didn't get any attention and specially when Sidharth kissed Aparna and not her. "Daddaaaaaaaaa." She screamed gaining not only his but also everyone's attention.

"Haan baby." Sidharth cooed her.

"Kichi" she said pointing her soft cheeks.

"Hey Bhagwan. Dadi hu mein teri. Mujhse hi insecure ho rahi hai." Aparna said pinching her cheeks.

Prisha looked at her grandfather with her doe eyes and a cute pout who instantly said, "Aparna, aap hamari rajkumari ko pareshaan na kare."

"Kya karu mein inka. Bachcho ke saath bachche ban jaate hai." Aparna said faking her anger.

"Mein hun na maa. Aap chinta mat karo." He kissed her forehead and then took Prisha from Aditya and have her multiple kisses all over her face and said "Ab theek hai, mera bachcha."

Prisha was giggling loudly when she received attention. She turned the atmosphere into a happy one.

"Maa aap gussa toh nahi hai na?" Shehnaaz asked suddenly shocking everyone.

"No beta, bilkul bhi nahi." Aparna said and kissed her cheeks.

"Aur mein?" Aditya asked faking a grumpy expression.