Chapter 6

Sidharth was quick to hold her and dragged her to the couch. He then made her drink water forcefully as she wasn't listening anything. Still she was not normal. So Sidharth went to his cabin quickly and brought an injection to calm her. And it did work. She rested her head on his shoulders and was murmuring something which he couldn't understand. In some time she slept due to the effect of injection. Sidharth was sitting there clueless and waiting for her to wake up from the effect of injection. He then decided to take her along with him as he knew she lived alone.

He picked her up and walked towards his car. He made her sit comfortably and tied the seat belt. He then drove towards his farm house. On the way to his home, he could hear her murmer something again as she started to gain consciousness. On reaching he patted her cheecks softly to see if she is awake or under the effect of sedatives. But to his luck, she woke up and stared at him with tears in her eyes. He wiped them and took her out of the car. She was just getting dragged by him looking like a lost child. As he entered his house along with her, she saw the house and was awestruck. She kept admiring it with her mouth open. He chuckled looking at her and wondered, "Who would say she cried bitterly some time ago and had an anxiety attack?"

"Shehnaaz. Go take a bath and then we will have dinner." He told her on reaching one of the guest rooms. He thought something and asked her to wait there only. He then rushed to his room and brought his t-shirt and pyjama. Handing them to her, he gestured her to go and take bath. He himself left for taking a bath as it was a long day for him.

Shehnaaz comes and sit beside him. She opens her mouth to speak something but he cut her off. "Pehle khaana khaa lo. Baad mai bolna jo bolna hai." She nodded and started eating her food. Both were secretly glancing each other without been caught. He kept sitting waiting for her to complete.

After that she went to her room as he was busy talking with his mother and father. He on seeing the hall empty went to check her. Relieved on finding her laying on the bed, he turned to leave when she called him. "Sidharth. Please aap andar aa sakte hai?" He nodded and entered.

"Umm. Vo Sidharth...I...mein...mera matlab." She was hesitating and he understood it well. 

"It's okay. You must be tired na. Soo jao. We can talk tomorrow." He said patting her cheeks.

"Nahi please suno. I am sorry. Meri wajah se aapko problem hui na." She apologized holding her ears with tears in her eyes.

He hugged her and said, "No. Don't apologise. Mein nahi puch raha ki aisa kya hua that you were in such a bad condition. If you wanna share, I am all ears. But I won't force you. Just tell me are you okay now?"

"Hmm. Thank You for taking care of me." She said trying to hold her sobs as he is really a gem taking care of her when even her own people never did. He couldn't watch her bad state so he made her lay down and started patting her forehead to make her sleep.

"Aap jaana nahi kahi. Mujhe darr lag raha hai. Please aap ruk jao yahi." She requested him amidst her hiccups.

He wondered, "How she lived alone in her apartment? She is not the girl I see everday. Someone or something is the reason for this state of hers. But that is not his concern for now. She is his priority."

"Yahi hun mein. So jao tum." He said. In some time, she falls asleep. But Sidharth was concerned for her. His doubts were becoming true. He knew she has a lot stored in her and she isn't venting it out. And probably this is the reason or one of the reasons of her anxiety attack.

With all these thoughts revolving, he slept on the couch only to wake up after 3 hours listening to some sounds. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes only to find Shehnaaz crying and murmuring in sleep and gasping for air. He rushed to her, woke her and gave a glass of water to drink. After a minute when he saw that she has been clinging on his chest recovering from the mild anxiety attack, he asked her if she needs some medicine or injection. She denied but kept clinging onto him. He kept caressing her hair.

Suddenly she asked with a voice which became hoarse due to continuous crying, "Mein buri hun na? Sab ko problems mai daalti hun? Aapko bhi kitna pareshaan kar rahi hun na."

"Nahi mera baby. Tu kaha buri hai. Tu toh sabse pyaari hai. Koi problem mai nahi daalti kisi ko. Tujhe pata hai na mein kitna stress free rehta hu clinic mai kyuki mujhe pata hai tu best hai apne kaam ko lekar aur vaise bhi you are an amazing person. No mera bachcha, rona nahi." He cooed her, still caressing her hair while she kept hugging him.

"Mummy ka birthday hai aaj. Aur aaj hi ke din vo chali gayi mujhse durr. Bohat durr." She said this and again starting sobbing.

He replied, "Kahi nahi gayi mummy. Tere paas hai hamesha, tere saath. Samjhi?"
He kept caressing her hair with one hand and patting the back with other. And in no time she slept. He laid her on the bed determined to talk to her as soon as she recovers. He couldn't see her in such state, reason he didn't knew but was determined to help her.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : Namaste everyone. I know I am too late with an update. Reason I will explain in the next chapter with a name "Very Important, Please Read". Though I cannot force you all, but can just request you to support me with my decision.

Also, I never ask you for comments and will never forcefully. But it is a request this time to do inline comments as earlier there was some problem where I couldn't see the inline comments. So just wanted to check if it is rectified now. Again, I am not forcing you. If you want, then please do.

What is the reason for Shehnaaz's condition? Any guesses.

Shehnaaz has turned into a completely different personality after her anxiety attack, shocking Sidharth. Do you think she will become her old self the next day?

{Published on : Saturday, 25 June 2022}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya