Chapter 17

Sidharth came out of his room at 2:00 p.m. after gathering enough courage to talk to Shehnaaz. He didn't sleep the whole night. In fact, he was trying to come out of his room since six in the morning and console Shehnaaz as he had seen her broken form last night. He knew that he messed up badly and was trying to gain power to talk to her.

He started calling out but she didn't answer. He searched for her in the kitchen. He checked her room and bathroom but she wasn't there. He thought of checking the terrace and started climbing the stairs. As he reached there, he saw the decorations on the terrace with flowers. The food which has turned cold and the candles which stood unlit. At last he saw a red, heart shaped cushion with LOVE written on it. He started panicking seeing all this and tears descended down his cheeks. He went near the table and touched everything softly. He stated crying loudly realising why she was dressed differently last night. He knew that she has been trying to start a relationship with him since last one month and when she finally gained courage he broke her.

"Nahi mein uss se mana lunga. I wanted to hide the truth par ab sab bata dunga. I don't want to hurt her. I will beg her for forgiveness." Saying this he wiped his tears and started running down the stairs and went to search for her in the garden. But she wasn't there. He tried calling her but she wasn't picking up his call. Something struck him and he ran as fast as he could to her room. He checked her cupboard which was empty.

Only a note addressed to him was there:

Sidharth, I am going from this house and your life. Bhul jaana if you ever met a girl named Shehnaaz. I was expecting too much from my life but I forgot that I am cursed and a bad omen. Enjoy you life. I wish only and only happiness for you❤. Bye.

-Shehnaaz

Sidharth sat down with a thud and kept crying. Finally, he stood up to get Shehnaaz back but he heard a crying sound. He rushed into his room and saw Prisha was crying. He went near her and checked her diaper. It needed to be changed. He bathed her and changed her dress. All this time he was talking to her so that her mind diverts. Then he took her down and started making powder milk for her. After been fed, she stopped crying and started looking at him with innocence. Sidharth kissed her face with moist eyes but she caught his nose in her small palms and started giggling.

Seeing Prisha in his lap, he asked "How can I choose between you two? Dono hi meri jaan ho na. I know mujhe uss se kal hi baat kar leni chahiye thi par uss se nazre nahi mila paa raha tha. Upar se kal bahut kuch pata chala mujhe I was tired. I came to know about you yesterday only baby. I know I am stupid for not going to her yesterday but I didn't cheat her. Vo maanegi na meri baat. Vapas aayegi na mere paas. Haan baby batao?"

Prisha kept looking him with her doe eyes as if she was understanding everything. Finally she responded in her own language which Sidharth deciphered that she was supporting him.

He knew he couldn't roam and search for her with Prisha as she was only 6 months old. He called the only people he could talk to anytime without being judged.

"Hello Maa. Kaise ho aap?" Sidharth said as his mother picked up his call.

"I am good beta and so is your papa. But teri awaz se lag raha hai tu theek nahi hai. Kya hua mere bache ko?" His mother, Aparna Shukla asked. Nothing can be hidden from a mother. A slight change in voice or expression can tell her that something is wrong with her child.

"Aap aur papa yahan aa jao. I need you." Sidharth said in a choked voice.

By this time, Aparna has switched on the speaker so his father, Aditya Shukla could also hear. This time he said, "We will surely come. Hua kya hai yeh toh bata mere sher bache."