Chapter 16

*Read the note in the end. Don't skip.

1 month later,

"I will confess my love tomorrow. Bass kal hi leave lekar preparations kar lungi. I realized late and then took more time due to my insecurities.  But he was there with me always,  trying to comfort me. I feel he loves me too. But I can also see him hiding his pain. Mein khud mai hi itni gum (गुम) thi ki uske dard ka socha hi nahi. Kitni buri hun mein, ek taraf pyaar karne ka daawa bhi karti hun aur dusri taraf usse samjha hi nahi. No Shehnaaz don't think all this, ab puraani baato ko bhul kar fresh start karna hai. I will try my best to make up for all the lost time." Shehnaaz thought while drying her hair, sitting in front of the dressing table.

"Shehnaaz" Sidharth said putting his hand on her shoulder making her scream.

She stood up and hit his chest multiple times saying, "Aise kyu daraya. Kab andar aaya tu?"

"Bewakoof ladki. Kab se awaaz laga raha tha. Kuch bol nahi rahi thi isliye andar aa gaya." Sidharth answered her question.

"Nahi kuch nahi. Mein bass aise hi kho gayi thi. Aur mein yeh sab isliye bata rahi hun kyuki mujhe pata hai abhi tu tension lene lagega." Shehnaaz said giving him relief.

"Itna samajhti hai mujhe? Kya baat hai." He said in a playful manner.

"Ab samjhana toh padega hi na." Shehnaaz whispered to herself.

"Kya?" Sidharth asked as he couldn't hear her murmur.

"Kuch nahi. Chal ab T.V. dekhe." Shehnaaz asked him as it became her habit.

"Haan cartoons dekhegi na tu." Sidharth teased her.

"Haan toh dekhungi aur tujhe bhi dekhna padega." Shehnaaz said as she love cartoons and has recently started doing everything she loves.

"Chal aaja. Aaj mere room mein dekhegen." He said putting his hand around her shoulder and started to drag her.

As they were going to his room, they heard the doorbell ring. Shehnaaz has ordered pizza, burger and coke for them and it was delivered at the right time. Sidharth went to grab the order while Shehnaaz went to his room. She switched on the T.V. and was waiting for him to come. Suddenly she heard his phone beep with notification sound. It continued for 2-3 times so she picked up the phone to see if there is any emergency. She could read the messages from the notification bar. The messages were from some unknown number.

"Sidharth, come and meet me tomorrow."

"I need to tell you something important."

"I have hidden it for so long but I can't do it further. Mere mummy papa ko aur takleef nahi de sakti mai. "

"Please come and meet me. Take it as a request. I beg you."

Seeing the message, Shehnaaz zoned out for a second. She wondered who is the woman and why she is begging him to meet her. What is the secret she couldn't hide anymore from him? For a second, she felt as if the lady is related to his past but she shrugged off her thoughts. She tried to divert her mind towards positivity. She needs to start her relationship with him on a positive note. She kept his phone on the table.

Sidharth came and said while handing her the food packet, "Kya problem hai yaar aaj network ki. 2 baar payment fail ho gaya. Yeh le."

"Aaja", she said opening her arms wide as an indication for a hug to which he happily obliged.

Some time later, they both were too engrossed in the cartoon that Shehnaaz forgot about the messages on his phone.