Prologue

"First you kick in my shins and then hit me with a stick? This is child abuse Aloemere, what the fuc- OW!." You sat on the rough ground, dirt covering your behind as you rubbed your agitated, (e/c) eyes as a stuck bonked your head again.

A husky stood across from you, an older male with basic, light armor who wielded a wooden pole. He spun it around and stuck it into the ground, dust from the training circle flying up gently below, "(Y/n), you are already three months into your training... Take this seriously. AND YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO SAY SUCH WORDS!"

Groaning, you stood back up, shaking off as much dusty sediment as you could. Another stick was immediately thrown your way, where you had to catch it with both hands very suddenly.

Your sparring partner started circling once again, "your real opponents won't give you a chance to stand back up." The canine flew forwards, attempting to bash your side with the stick.

Awkwardly shifting your form, your shoulders rolled to the side to create a defense, blocking Aloemere from more 'abuse' to you, "There's- ACK. Hasn't been any uprisings or villains in years, why train with a stick this muc WHOA."

As you argued, fighting insured, pushing you back more and more as Aloemere never gave you the chance to attack back. Both of your eyes were on his stick that kept on whacking you, which is also why you went down again.

Aloemere held his weapon between your eyes as he pinned you down, "because this 'stick', isn't what you're fighting. It's me. That's why I just kicked you while you were distracted." Disappointed, Aloemere helped you up and took your stick.

Below him, you went ragdoll, rolling your eyes and sighing in defeat.

The husky put away the sticks in a weapons box used for training, "(Y/n), if you want to be a good royal guard you have to be able to not only protect the princess, but also yourself. What will she do if you're taken out first hmm?"

Begrudgingly, you sat back up, "I know you're right Aloemere, but first off, I'm 13 and this is a lot to take in You have me studying all night. I'm tired, ok?-"

It was true. Aloemere the Husky, your trainer and master royal guard, had put a lot on your shoulders if you were going to eventually replace his position. This honor meant a lot to him and the kingdom as well. The King and the Princess had to be protected at all costs in order to keep the kingdom in peaceful times.

Aloemere narrowed his eyes, concerned, "Are you not sleeping? You have a week to complete those 20 pages of research."

Your eyes widened and looked to the side, "I- I mean yeah I try to at least." No, no you don't- you do your work but then stay up extremely late. What you may be doing? Well, sneaking off to see your friends of course, friends that were taken from you because of your new, busy schedule...

The husky folded his arms against his chest, thinking, "Perhaps I have given you much to do... You still need to keep consistent work, however, I can just lessen the load as those school teacher's say?"

Beaming with a smile, you threw your arms in the air, "Please!" Throwing yourself to the ground and begging was a little overdoing it, cartoonishly enough. Like Puss in Boots, you tried to make yourself look as cute as possible, pursing your lips and trying to ignore the bright sun making your pupils as wide as they could be.

Your teacher let out a growl, not wanting to ruin the perfect schedule he had made for you. He closed his eyes and sighed, "Alright alright, stop it (Y/n). You're going to go blind by doing that." Aloemere swatted at your face, a little disturbed by your actions honestly.

"Thank YOU ALOEMEee- I mean teacher." You stood up and bowed to him respectfully, thanking him for this o' worldly sacrifice of his.

"Don't get all pudgy (Y/n), you still need to keep training, this is just a small reduction in hours for the time being so you can recover."