[ 10 ] Where You Goin Good Lookin'

You've all broke the #1 rule of splitting the party! Good Job team :)

[]======[]

It was the dual wielding crazy cat and your regal self against the forces of literal darkness. You- just had to find him...

Meanwhile, Tails and Elise stayed put in the castle. Sonic was on Eggman duty to keep the traditional rivalry alive.

With the group already split in half, you and Anthony already decided to divide again. He'd escape to his workshop and grab whatever valuables he could, and you would get a heading. He'd meet you in the northward tower, a place where Eggman's robots typically failed to take the road less traveled. A perfectly hidden lookout.

With the castle under heavy guard, your only good chance of an opening was on the southern side of the castle in the opposite direction you needed to go-You'd need to take the canals half way again. You made your way there, clambering back down into them and into the suburbs. Dashing along rooftops when the skies were safe and snaking through thin alleyways when you were forced back down into the shadows of the undercity.

One small clack of your shoes against the rustic pebbled cobblestone ground would mean gameover in the wrong place at the wrong time. You could take care of one robot, but if it sent out an alarm fast enough you'd be in trouble.

Once clear, you had to relocate the northward tower, losing it in the maze of the civilian housing and buildings... until something shiny caught your eyes. Like a mirror in the sun pointed right at you, it came from the northward tower, but it wasn't something you remembered being there.

It slowly began to fade with the lowering sun, and started to move slowly.

You'd find out what it was soon enough.

. . . . .

With all the robot guards, it took you an hour to reach the northward tower. Staying out of sight would be no problem if you had black fur.

Opening the creaky door made your ears go down at not only the sound, but the thought of anyone else hearing it. It was either rip off the bandage and hope for the best or be so slow you'd be caught by patrol.

It was yet again another moment of Do or Die, and you took the latter once again!

"Here goes-"

You placed your hand on the old door again, particles of rust attaching themselves to your staticy glove.

"And- inside!"

Ripping the door open, it let off a huge squeak of clanking metal, vibrating when you slammed it back closed. Pinning your back to the door, you stood there for a minute expecting your spine to get kicked in. But... nothing.

Relief washed over your body and you were free to wander up to the stop of the tower. Stairs were your moral enemy, but there were hundreds of old stones waiting for you to be stepped on as you ascended to the top for a proper view.

Half way up, you heard another slam of the door.

Anthony, you nodded to yourself, glad to hear he made it to the tower safely, and continued climbing to keep your legs in motion. If you stopped, you'd lose what little momentum you had.

Huffing and puffing by the time you finally saw moonlight from the top of the tower overlook, that strange light something that blinded you from the top earlier cast a shadow onto the doorway. Whatever it was, it looked mobian, with long spines and large gloves as they stood on the edge of a railless balcony.

Slowly peeking over the edge, you saw- Silver? That white hedgehog with glowing yellow eyes and a kinetic blue aesthetic from hell. He was speaking softly to himself while looking over the cityscape, eyes more directly on a bridge leading out of the city.