[ 13 ] Flushed Down The Turlet

You had rejoined Sonic and his buddy Tails around the harbor district. Decorated boats floated in the calm water protected by the rocky, marble jetty out in the near distance, the sun reflecting rather brightly against the shiny surface. The scent of the fresh sea and its salt was a nice change after all the ash, dust, and smoke you've been through.

    Distracted by the pristine nature of your home, your friends pulled you back aside as they yelled together, "Hey Knuckles!"

Turning to face the new individual, you were met with a red echidna with spiked shoes and gloves. "What's up."

Your (e/c) met his narrowed purpled ones and he looked just as surprised as you did to see another Mobian who wasn't his friends.

    "Who are you!?" He nodded his head as he stood in a strange- jojo esk pose with a small piece of flat metal in his hand. One of those pieces of advanced tech...

A gameboy.

Tails jumped forwards at the sight of technology while introducing you. "Knux, this is (y/n). They're from Soleanna."

"Which is where we are by the way." Sonic took over the conversation, leaving Tails to continue to try to grab the gameboy out of Knuckle's firm grasp.

"How sweet for someone so strong and angry." You lightly laughed at the playful gesture of the two, crossing your arms and smirking.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" Knuckles held his arm entirely in the air as Tails continued to grab at the device. And in his anger, THREW the device right at (y/n), who stepped to the side with all perfection, as Sonic caught it instead.

"Lay off you two. Afterall, we're working together. You can go get a room once we're done." Sonic taunted. Wiggling his eyebrow at the innuendo. Knuckle's attention and anger went back to the blue hedgehog, who had flipping over the gameboy, which really looked more like an ipad-, and began to press buttons... His expression became confused as music began to play from the gameboy. "What the- is this super mario kart?"

"Not super mario kart..." Tails muttered, his eyes falling as if in defeat.

Whatever this 'super-mario-kart' was, peaked your interest as you walked to Sonic's side. On the side of the gameboy there was a button that began to flash...

You hovered your hand over it, pressing down without much thought, "Is this the super mario kart?"

For a moment, the display showed a round man with overalls and quite the nice hat sitting in a car, throwing turtle shells and glowing after summoning some star spirit. However, the entertaining race quickly changed when eggman appeared on screen.

"Ey, bring back the other round guy." You said, baring your teeth as you tried to get Sonic to turn it back.

"Just watch the damn hologram." the hedgehog said, pushing your face away contrary to what he just said. You needed your eyes to watch after all.

The villain began to speak into the thin air. It must have been pre-recorded.

"We have pictures of Mario, pictures of Luigi, pictures of princess Daisy, princess of princess peach."

You heard him mess up as your party snickered until your eyes went wide. Wait, princesses. 'Was eggmn after the princesses like some shitty classical villain?'

"Did you know the FitnessGram Pacer Test is for people who like gaming minecraft?" And just like that, Eggman disappeared, the hologram vaporizing.

"Interesting." Sonic perked up, his hand with the gameboy falling to the side. Everyone was left thinking at that extremely cryptic message, so you brought up your idea.