[13.5?] Rescuer (Other Route)

This chapter is like a 'What If' chapter. Since (Y/n) is currently busy in hell, he's not there to witness some events like Amy threatening to kill Elise. So, this chapter will take place as if he chose to rescue Elise his own way rather than go with Sonic to the Eggman base. Afterall, there are too many good moments to miss out on.

[]======[]
What if.. You Went To Rescue Elise! (Elise and Amy)

"It's obviously a trap, and I'm not falling for it. You guys can go throw yourself into a hell pit for all I care. I'm going to go rescue Elise on my own-"

You turned your back on your allies who began to plead with you to help them rescue your friend in the stupidest way possible. Eggman currently held Elise hostage in some sort of underground, bunker facility. Although you may be going to the same place, you knew Sonic's route and infiltration routine was infinitely more careless and act-first-think-later.

"I've kicked Eggman's butt so many times (Y/n), even if it is a trap, we'll get out of it easy peasy!" Sonic tried to jog back up to you, running backwards as he attempted to persuade you with his swagger confidence.

"Hell no. I'm tired of you losing track of her so I'm doing it myself. It's my job after all. I bet your dick in my ass you absolutely fail."

That got the obnoxious Sonic to finally stop. Such a wager made his lips purs in concerned, intimately ominous curiosity. Even if you were wrong, you knew he'd never do it.

"Wow (Y/n), I didn't know you had a little crush on me~" The blue hedgehog wiggled an eyebrow in your direction, and began his trot back to his friends. Knuckles was left flabbergasted while Tails was innocently mortified.

"Shut up and go away. Go fight your endless rival or whatever." You finally waved him off and started walking towards the inner sector of the city. The voices of the trio disappeared with distance, snickering as you realized you needed to confirm that;

"And that wasn't a real bet! DON'T GET ANY STUPID IDEAS, YOU HORNY BASTARD!"

. . . . .

You kept your distance from Sonic's team as they raced off to the facility. It was paramount that you kept close by, but never lost sight, thanks to Tails being the only one with access to the tracker.

The location was 20 minutes away, only four with Sonic's speed as you tried to keep up. You were familiar with the area. Towering stone pillars that were the Soleanna mountains. A vast landscape that was now beginning to be destroyed by Eggman... They entered a large, hemispherical tunnel that drilled deep into the side of a sheered mountain. You'd never seen this massive development before on your many hikes for training. It was rather devastating to see your kingdom come to ruins by such a great threat.

But you were here to save its leader, your best friend Elise. In turn, rescuing her and vowing again to keep her safe, it would get the morale and power of the kingdom back on its feet.

While Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles disappeared into the darkness, ominously lit by LED lights, you chose a vent to crawl through. The shaft was tight, and claustrophobia sturred. The feeling of tragic memories were brought back to your steel mind. Your heart raced, (e/c) eyes widened, (f/c) fur rose. A sharp inhale caused your nose to twitch when your gaze became filled with dust, darkness, and then a bright light.

The time with Elise when you were younger... An explosion, the death of your master and her father... Awaking under a tree...

You had to shake your head. Wrapped in your thoughts, you failed to realize your body moved on its own. Your arms wrapped around your head while your legs tucked themselves into your chest. If your tail was long enough, it wrapped around you as well as you slowly recovered. What had happened? Panic?...

"No- not right now (y/n)..." You told yourself. The coldness slowly removed itself from your body as you continued on crawling once again. You had to be strong for them, for Elise.

Down the long curves and metal surfaces of the vent, the dusty air became filled with sound, voices, and the gentle hum of something with an engine. Through the small slits of a drop-off, the scene before you became clear.

Sonic had indeed found Eggman. Behind a thick glass wall was the large man holding your friend hostage with her hands tied behind her back. The hero trio stood in a circular room with a pillar in the middle that reached to the ceiling. Electricity circled around the top like a tesla coil, zapping here and there at whatever its dangerous strikes could reach.

You thought to yourself that this was no mere room- this was a machine, and your stupid friends walked right into it despite your warnings. 'I thought Sonics kicked Eggman's butt too many times to count- yet here he is falling for the same trick.'

You smirked, having won the unofficial bet. "Hehe. Whose dick is in whose ass now you blue bitch."

There was no way Eggman was also stupid enough to allow Sonic to keep escaping the same said trick. His hand rested on the retainment around Elise's arms, forcing her forwards to look out the glass panel at her rescuers.

"Now, I've got the epic gamer right here."

You growled at his insult, baring teeth and narrowing your eyes. Your hands balled into fists as you look downwards, feeling the need to just jump down now and-

'No. I'm doing this the right way this time..'

Eggman continued to bombard the hedgehog with insults and demanded something of him. You froze when the blue hero pulled a chaos emerald out of no where- and placed it in a machine well that rose and fell back into the floor once it secured the artifact. And then- the machine room swirled to life.