[ 7 ] The Gamer Pad

I'd like to make a quick reminder that this book updates very slowly, as I do it in my free time, and honestly when I have nothing else to do. I haven't lost interest.

[]======[]

Quickly tracking the group of mobians, you found yourself peering into a broken down room littered with furniture and faded cyan lightning along the walls like a gamer's necessity LED lights for their gamer room set up. You listened in on their conversation, as a small crack you found in the wall wasn't enough to catch the movement about the room.

You pressed your ear against it instead.

"Welcome to my house..." Memphis stood in front of the two as they walked in, looking about the scattered debris and messy room. He gestured to the room, "As you can see I've knocked over many chairs because I got so tilted at the towers."

"This isn't really tilted or a tower, "the white hedgehog waved his hand around, dismissing the statement of the dark hedgehog counterpart.

"Well you see, It's a gamer pad... My personal space, and speaking about one's personal space bubble isn't very kind to one's guests."

Your (e/c) eyes widened, he had to have been talking about you. You hesitated before Memphis took his own intruder problem into his own hands. Purple energy glazed into the hallway you stood spying in, as it's shadow danced around your feet, moving you as if strong winds controlled your feet, sliding into the opening.

The hedgehog and feline gasped at your presence.

"Theres no way! Another living creature? Here!?" The hedgehog ran up to you until his purple feline friend stopped him.

"Careful Silver, he was spying on us."

You froze as they began to somewhat integrate you, but you told yourself to stand strong, firm, you were Soleanna's honor guard after all. 'Come on (Y/n). FOCUS.'

"More like spying on that shadowy menace over there." You pointed to Mephiles, the hedgehog laughing as if you were to intimidate him.

"Spying, ambushing maybe even, but there's nothing you can do. Afterall, I'm just here to help."

You grit your teeth and mutter, "Likewise... Help my ass..."

"Regardless, I hope you'll be a better house guest like this fair lady here. Not many girls come in here cause I get friend zoned so frequently-" The dark hedgehog took a step over to the cat, who he then called Blaze. She seemed unamused, and looked between you and Mephiles in suspicion.. Of you both. Mephiles backed off as he saw the look on the feline's face. "-but that's ok."

All your heads snapped to Silver, who must be some unknowing, innocent boy, as he states, "I'd like to be in the friendzone. I like friends."

And it reminded you of your past with partners, regardless of gender and all those new terms that just keep sprouting up, you had your fair share of female and male intimate friends. Maybe even, friends with benefits. (If you want.)

You nodded over to him, stepping in front of Silver as this was a lesson worth teaching, even in this awkward moment. "It's not as pleasant as you think."

"They don't treat you like a friend. They treat you.... Like an item." Mephiles then crept up behind you, his glassy eyes narrowed as he peered over your shoulder to add on.

It send a chill down your spine as you dodged to the side, the dark hedgehog chuckling as he stood menacingly by himself once again. "But unfortunately, as a gamer, I don't get respect."

"How sad." You grumbled once again, crossing your arms as he probably deserved it. Whatever vibe he was giving off, you never liked it.

"Hush you, you can't say anything." Memphile quickly said all at once, you being just barely able to pick up on it.