[ 20 ] Hooolllyyyy Shhhhi-

I present to you this chapter in honor of passing my first year of college :)

Meanwhile, Elise somehow got back to the castle, and was sequentially kidnapped once again. Eggman's IQ is too high!!!

[]======[]

The chat with Tails was a welcomed break from the chaos of Eggman and Mephiles' menacing encroach on Soleanna. The little fox boy, despite a brain crowded with mechanical and scientific wisdom, still had space for compassion. The same couldn't be said for his sarcastic blue friend, but, he was- charmingly... optimistic.

By now the sun was set high above the city, blazing a hot atmosphere down upon the poor uncovered inhabitants below. It burned rather annoyingly, (especially for those with black fur), and caused the group to soon seek shelter in the rubble of a civilian building. Minutes passed, soon turning in an hour, as your group chatted about what came next.

You'd just escaped Mephiles, the dark enemy somehow managing to track your team down in the hellscape world. Shadow- it looked like he stayed behind to combat him. The two looked similar, of course, you had witnessed the identity theft yourself days before. Was it days? Or Yesterday- Time became yet another strange concept in this whirling disaster.

Your personal priority was to find Elise once again, and stick by her side until Sonic probably would do something stupid again and need backup. OR- get Elise kidnapped, AGAIN. Your failures started to build on your consciousness as you recounted the events thus far. How many times would you lose your best friend, the person you were honorably sworn to protect.

You stood up from your crossed-legged position on the dusty rubble and cold cobble floor, brushing your gloved hands together and looking down at the remaining trio.

"I have to go find Elise again, so stay out of trouble, idiots."

You had found your (e/c) gaze particularly pointed in the direction of Sonic, who simply nodded and continued to lounge against a pillar like nothing was wrong. He irritated you beyond repair- but all the same, he was sadly a valuable asset. Fast, and rather strong for his frame. Paired with Tails to keep him in check and Knuckles to carry that left over strength, they were a good backbone.

The former spoke up. Tails. "How are you going to find her? We just got back from the future. Who knows how much time has passed?"

You'd nod. Knowingly, you were aware that nothing really changed time wise between these rifts in reality. By the time you got back, it was on to saving Elise again. "I've been there before. It's how I meet Silver, an-"

"Silver?" Sonic spoke up, his ear flicking up at hearing another 'S' name. Silver, Sonic, Shadow, it was a strange coincidence.

"YES. You literally fought him and lost- White fur, yellow eyes, and a bit of a high five on his forehead." You'd open your palm, spreading your fingers, and hovering them up and down by your forehead to symbolize what Silver's 'hair' looked like. Or were they his spines? Regardless.

"Sounds like some twink, tell me more." The blue hedgehog would rest his chin in his palm and smirk, attempting to throw some shade on the one individual who had beaten him.

"Well, if he's managed to beat you, it sounds like you're more of a weak twink than him." Knuckles would cackle in the darkness, settling deeper in the shadow of the building. Right, he hadn't been there to meet the futuristic boy.

Sonic nearly punched the red echidna, but his fisted hand was caught like a baseball in a glove by Knuckles, who threw it away like it was nothing but a playful bash.

"Well, Knuckles, right now unfortunately it seems Silver's under Mephiles' influence. The kid's innocent, but he is powerful. Some sort of glowy powers. I'm unsure."