[ 1 ] The High Honor

You awoke with a start, almost banging your head on the ceiling close above you. A dream managed to cast a spell on your eyes, a sudden brightness overcame your vision despite sleepy, closed eyes. Dawn had not yet quite reared its head through your window draped in regal tapestries yet you were forced to wake regardless.

Yawning and throwing out your arms in a big stretch, you found yourself comfortable in your bunk bed, eventually finding the strength to leave the nice sheets and down to the cool wooden ground below. You made an 'oooh' sound as your pads touched the cold ground, quickly grabbing socks from a wardrobe with the rest of your gear.

As you finished kneeling down to adjust your tightened shoes, your eyes were met with a bright wonder once again as the sun finally came to rest its god rays on your holy armor. You smiled at the pride and joy right in front of you, "good morning to you (a/c) sir."

Standing up, your eyes softened as you examined the armor, taking its hand to reveal the royal family's symbol engraved in its iron gauntlets custom made for you. A symbol used by someone you greatly admired...

"Ready for the big day?" You spoke to it again, taking apart the pieces and sliding them onto your body. The entire thing took 30 minutes to an hour to put on, thankfully time you had despite your busy schedule ahead. Finally, your helmet. Something civilians smiled at as you walked by on horseback, something they recognized you as, your own symbol. The people could look up to you and know you were there to protect them.

You held it at your side as you walked out of your barrack, soldiers who were on guard duty saluted as you passed by. Respectfully you did the same and told them to be at ease. Soon, you passed your way through the dining hall. Decorations were being mantled and pastries were being prepared for their own display, relished in candy beads, fruit, frosting, and filling.

You nodded at all the delicious foods but carried on to a massive doorway with a crown emblem. The deep oak door had been washed and repainted in golden, hanging tapestries surrounded it with the kingdom's symbol while stained glass windows remarking this land's history let in colorful light into the hallway.

Two guards stepped to the side as you knocked on the door, a mature voice coming from your lungs, "Princess Elise, It is I. The High Honor Royal Guard."

You waited for a moment for a response, when a maid opened the large door, gesturing you inside. She smiled kindly, "Come in sir."

Thankful, you nodded to the woman and proceeded, looking for the princess when she called out to you first, "Oh please (Y/n), you can just call me Elise as you always have." She was behind some barriers getting ready for the day, thinking about what to wear for the special day. Her coronation.

"I actually have something for you." You stood up tall, placing a hand behind your back and bowing. With a clap, a servant of the house brought in a large box. You closed your eyes in case the princess was a little- bare, and opened it to show her... a silk white dress dawning orange to gold ribbon dancing with white pearls.

She took it, mouth agape at its wondrous style, "It's- beautiful...! How did you-"

Slowly opening an eye, you were relieved to see she was just in her sleep wear still, "It's actually from your father. He was... unable to give it to you." You shrugged with your thumbs twiddled together at the sore subject, looking away from the princess who you assumed would be saddened but, she was rather happy actually. It made you smile too.

"Well, it seems I know what I'll be wearing today for the ceremony." Elise happily sighed. Her dress maidens clapped and applauded her choice, giving her compliments as they took it to put on and fix up.