[ 6 ] What Is This Hell?-

You may have noticed I've been gone. Wifi totally crashed for WEEKS but finally, it iz back. Time to get back to writing. YAHOOOO!!!

[]======[]

When your (e/c) eyes finally reopened, you found yourself in a hellscape- burning and abandoned in a torrent of destruction... "What- the... this is..."

Disbelief. Flames quite literally barreled through the streets. Fabric along shops was singed and ashed, rocks scorched black from the perpetual wave of lava that flew up from the cauldron below.

You found yourself stumbling on top of a somewhat stable building, (boots/shoes) already soiled in dark powder, your gloves too were stained. Slapping your hands together, they blew out in a puff of gray smoke, somewhat cleaner. The particles flew up to your nose, causing you to sniffle and reel your head back in disgust.

"How does someone live like this?-"

That's right- that dark version of Shadow, Memphis- Mephalis? Had somehow teleported you here. That black magic of his, it felt familiar, striking a cold spear into your heart and a frostbite against your skin.

Turning your head to face the rest of your surroundings, the landscape was just more littered structures, torn apart by something that had to have been even stronger than just natural disasters.

This was done by someone. Even something maybe.

"Best to keep moving-" You mumbled to yourself, walking around the ashen surface of the building as you looked across the barren concrete jungle.

Even as the buildings were destroyed, their architecture was very different from your own in Soleanna. These were almost technological- or 'futuristic' as some people called compared to your rustic victoria city. In your head, you couldn't help but think that- 'Maybe this is the future.'

'But who, or what- could cause such destruction. That Memphis Tennessee would know if this is "his house".'

Kneeling down, you looked out across the rooftops, seeing a small tornado-like barrel of fire rise up in the distance. It's warmth gave you the feeling of comfort and company, as if someone was there, awkwardly enough-

Would it be weird to say it reminded you of your friend Elise?

Its spiriting flame encouraged you to investigate, rushing towards the commotion via rooftop to rooftop agility. It was hard to try no to slip on all the loose ash and soot on the ground, causing you to take a moment to control your landings rather than continue to quickly slip away into a sprint.

The next building in front of you rose too tall for a leap, so you were forced onto a thankfully flat balcony. Stopping yourself before the jump, you looked down to see-

"Lava- not good. One slip and it's game over-"

Below you was a swirling pool of fresh magma, rumbling from the exposure to your planet's atmosphere, rather than its humbly scolding home below the mantle. You tossed a rock into the space below, counting the moments into it burst into the flames, even before hitting the dangerous fluids below.

It was just that hot being here. The heat, the intensity, it reminded you of Shadow- for some reason. ((Remember? Shadow: ("Ah, a world where everyone loves me")).

"No- eww." You shook yourself out of that trance and refocused on the jump. You had to make it.

Taking yourself back to the far side of the rooftop, you shook your wrists. Cartoonishly jumping and down. Your blood was pumping, your eyes narrowed with the target in sight. And you took off!