[ 18] The True Power of Strength

Ps. I don't actually know how this fight works in the game, so this is all improvised.)

[]======[]

It was six against one super magma monster. Lava spilt over from the beast's pores like syrup from pancakes, the heat from the crusted cones on its body causing you to reel back.

The fight was suddenly on as Shadow and Sonic rushed separate ways. Rouge took to the sky to safely steal away the emerald. Tails joined the bat with his spinning twin tails a safe distance away while Knuckles groaned as he was left behind in the dust with you.

"Come on knuckles, let's show those speedsters how much more impressive true strength is!" You grinned a toothy smile to the agitated echidna, who smiled back with the same vigor.

"HELL. YEAH!!!!"

The two of you charged forwards without a second thought. Racing off the cliff face and jumping onto the monster's back as it turned to face Sonic and Shadow, zipping around him like flies.

Your attentive (e/c) eyes looked for any form of vulnerability on the beast, until a particularly bright spot on the vertebrae between its neck and head caught your breath in your throat.

"There!" You yelled out, pointing the spot out to Knuckles as you raced across the rocky surface together.

"I saw one on its head as well. Give me a boost (Y/n), and I'll give you the next one!"

Your improvised attack was rather synchronized. The serious and aggressive nature you two both trained with for years created a perfect dynamic. You two could get this job done alone, but Sonic and Shadow were a good distraction.

Knuckles jumped up and you grabbed his ankle. With all the strength you could muster, you began to create a build up on kinetic energy through velocity.You kicked your heels deep into the rock as you began to spin the red echidna around. With enough force of gravity, you laughed him into the air!

Your friend glowed with his red fur against the lava he practically floated over, before pulling out his fist and diving downwards right onto the core of the beast's weak spot.

"SMMMMAAAASSHHHHH!"

Knuckles made contact with the core, splitting it's crystallized glowing heart right open as it splattered hot molten material everywhere.

"GHA!" He yelled, and thankfully you were there to rescue him, crashing into his side as you dove out of the way, dodging a serious case of third degree burns. Knuckles's, well, knuckles, were still a bit burned and were charred with soot.

"Good save (Y/n!) Let us- CONTINUE!" Knuckles was on a high, smiling widely as he threw his fists into the air.

Letting lose once and awhile was certainly a treat. You were forced to be so stuck up and serious whenever the king or Elise was around. Your whole life was dedicated to service. Although you were ok with that, the intrusive thoughts still filtered through your mind as you daydreamed at your typically boring station.

"HUZZAH!" You yelled, getting up from the dive and continuing to run up the spine of the beast. Whereas it was previously on all fours, it now reeled up onto two legs in pain and anger as you two ticks began to 'feed' off of it. (Feed off being high on life baby )

"Here it comes (Y/n!)" Knuckles skidded to a haul as he got into position for you to make the final blow. He may have been even more excited than you, a smile never faltering from his face. He punched his hands together and lowered his arms as he used them as a stepping latter for you. His strength alone would send you flying.

"Up. YOOOURS!" (*) You yelled, pressure building on your legs as smoke trailed behind you! Knuckles cheered below as he threw you even higher than you did to him. Nothing but the hot wind in your face and the intense excitement of death staring your way as you slowed down to be recaptured by gravity swelled within you.

You turned your body so your fist faced downwards like the sharp end of a blade, you arm it's javelin.

Down gravity took you. Knuckles raced ahead on the ground to keep the beast's head still as you continued to rapidly descend with maximum trajectory. Moments later, you collided with the hot surface. The stench of acidic sulfur erupting from the bowls of the broken weak point and shattered surface of the monster's skull.

"Let's go (Y/n!)" Knuckles was yelling from the rooftops, as in the nose crest of the beast a few feet away. He ran circles around this thing with enough energy to turn it into a nuclear bomb.

"It's not over yet, Knuckles. Look!"

It was over, the beast was finished, but you and Knuckles were left stranded on top of its sinky body, being swallowed by lava.

"Whoa!" He yelled, jumped back as lava began to rise up around you, coming ever so closer. The mass of this creature and the fact it was hot enough to just simply melt away caused a slight panic that interrupted your enjoyment of a successful battle. It was sinking, and sinking quick.

"Hey hey little (m/s) need a lift?"

You turned around to see Sonic reaching down to grab Knuckles, but his emerald eyes were on you. His expression turned to anguish as the hedgehog attempted to carry Knux out of the pit of fire.

"Hurry up and get us out of here!" Knuckles protested. Sonic began to move away, and before you could reach out to rescue, another ominous shadow hast behind you.

Shadow violently grabbed your wrist and began to pull you too, up and out of danger. The four of you landed back on the cliff, safe and sound, while Rouge and Tails came down from the sky, pleased to see their friends alive and well.

"Thanks Shadow." You breathed out, suddenly started after realizing how much smoke inhalation you were now facing.

The dark hedgehog just grumbled in response, crossing his arms as he took the emerald from Rouge. "Let's just get out of here. I'm sick and tired of this wasteland."

"I think we all are." you confirmed.

Sonic now grabbed the latest chaos emerald obtained by the monster, and began to charge up with Shadow.

"Chaos, CONTROL!"
"Za, WARUDO!"

Rouge pretended to shed a tear and said something along the lines of 'you may now kiss the bride', for some reason, before each individual began to jump through the portal, returning home. You were excited to see the sun again-

But you were left with your rescuer, Shadow. The dark hedgehog shrugged as he started talking to himself. "Ah, well, I don't know which one of us is the bride- and that's kind of a- thing..."

"Shadow, are you getting married already? I thought we just talked about this. Thought you were incapable of love." You snickered at him, tilting your head to the side. But your words didn't phase him as he looked through you. (E/c) narrowed in confusion as Shadow gestured with his hand for you to turn around...

On the opposite side of the destroyed playing field, a deep hue of purple hazing mist floated over the ground as an all familiar voice started to speak...

"Go on Shadow... Don't you support Gay rights?!"

Mephiles.

The villainous copycat dared not look into the angry eyes of the identity he stole, and instead sent navy daggers right throughout your (e/c) soul.

"I do!" Shadow hesitantly yelled out, offended by the mere questioning brought by Mephiles.

 "Mephiles... What are you doing here- did you really send us all back when I was here last?" Your thoughts filled with the bright purple energy that was his way of teleporting you, Blaze, and Silver away back to reality.

The evil hedgehog chuckled to himself, holding his hand out as he suddenly summed a ball of fire. "Look at this weird flame, (Y/n)..." Mephiles awkwardly cracked his fingers as the fire exploded ten-fold in size, sending a wave of head your way as you threw up an arm to shield yourself from the heat. "It's really big! I wonder... if it's also really important- And you better not be here to also steal my boyfriend!"

"WHAT!?" You gawked, recoiled at the thought of Shadow and Mephiles being connected deeper than enemies. "HELL NO! I support gay rights too but I'm not involved in this weird love triangle. And what do you MEAN that flame is important?"

"Symbolism, (Y/n), you'll figure it out eventually..." Mephiles wiggled a finger and nodded. "Doesn't it intimidate you?"

"Your stupid game of not telling me what you want is more intimidating. Just spill, Mephiles..." You narrowed your (e/c) eyes at him, the situation turning serious as the typical jokes from Mephiles were nowhere to be seen. Was this a warning/ Or was he still just playing with you?

Shadow stepped forwards, placing a hand in front of you to block the sight of Mephiles from your vision. "I had you confused for Sonic. I thought we were getting married, Mee-philes."

You were suddenly forced back by the same hand Shadow threw out to shield you, your body entered the portal, and before you could protest, gravity won. Shadow ran off as Mephiles followed suit. 

And then there was darkness.

. . . . .

"Come kiss me boi!"

[]======[]

 (*) "Up yours!" Is a reference to the movie Independence Day (1996). If you haven't seen the movie, a guy who claims he was probed by aliens destroys an alien ship by flying through its 'backdoor'. If you get what I mean.

I apologize if this chapter is short, I'm not very good at writing combat and high stakes yet, but I just wanted to have some fun with this one.  

Chapter Length @1630 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda