[ 14 ] These Tower Are Quite Tilted

"WHOOOAAA!!!"

Was the shared reaction from you and your allies as you free fell for a good 4 seconds. Having just fallen from the strange machine Eggman trapped you in, you found yourself sorely face-planted into the roughness and cold touch of concrete. Aside from the cool stone floor, the (f/c)fur on your body began to quickly heat up. The air was filled with a warm breeze, and even with your eyes closed, brightness flashed through your eyelids.

Clutching your head, you stood up, growled to yourself... and slowly as your (e/c) eyes would open again, you found you had been sent back to Hell. "Oh no.. No. Not here again..."

The heat from the lava emanated all around you, the sky dark with ash and the ground covered in soot that when disturbed swirled into a horrible cloud that just loved to go right to your nostrils and cause you to cough. You had been dirtied by this tragic place once again.

Sonic had managed to land the fall flawlessly, and began to look around at the strange, chaotic and burned world, the same sensations beginning to infiltrate his body too. Confused and in a small daze, he would say, "I feel like thinking about something but I don't know what."

"I can't think about anything- my brain is schismed..." Knuckles would chime in as he rather violently clutches his own head from the fall, stumbling lightly as he began to stand back up.

"Yeah- An injury like a concussion is no joke, even for the guy who takes all the hits for the team. Are you alright, Knuckles?" You wandered over to the red echidna, kneeling down to move his hand away from his head. There was no sign of trauma itself, but you could tell that he was still dazed. He really was quite the knucklehead.

The lad would throw your hand to the side with his other, dismissing the help even as he contradically stated, "No, my corpus callosum is swollen."

"My head's full of jellybeeeeans....." Tails would now join the conversation. You and the other boys looked to him, the little statement almost causing you to laugh. Even more so when Sonic would add;

"Sounds delicious!"

"Not really....."

"Come on Tails." You slid your arm under his, pulling the fox boy up to his feet. He was a little wobbly, but eventually took the stand, smiling up to you adorably as Tails nodded that he was now ok.

Assured he was fine, you let him be. However as you redirected your attention to Sonic, a new voice called from the darkness of the burned structure. "You..."

Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and yourself turned to the obvious direction of the source as it echoed throughout the medium sized concrete room. Behold, two faces somewhat familiar to you stood tall.

Shadow with his arms crossed, frowning down at you until his gazed looked to Sonic, and he scowled... Rouge was smirking as usual, looking down at the squad as well as she placed her hands on her hips, flaring her wings and puffing out her chest. Proud, and all high and mighty.

"Well hellooooo (Y/n)~ Oh, and boys..."

. . . . .

Familiar with the strange and unholy surroundings, you joined Rouge and Shadow in the lead, walking the other three boys you teleported with into the open cityscape. Sonic seemed rather chill with the situation, Knuckles was on edge while Tails took a morbid fascination with the place, being the logical one of the group and truly wondering what happened here.

Rouge seemed to be catching them up, leaving you and the dark hedgehog to walk in awkward silence. You two seemed to have a similar respect for each other, two soldiers looking for someone important to them, just so happening to both be young girls they grew up with. But based on what Sonic would tell you about Shadow, you knew not to bring that up. And instead of using the weather in a hellscape or the teleportation air food as a stereotypical conversation starter, you had to ask Shadow something else.