[4] Fabled Tilted Towers

OC by @/Albars on Discord

You all know the Shadow intro segment so Feel free to roleplay it in this comment stream :)

Anyways, let's break into- WHOA.

[]======[]

The night had passed and dawned on a new day. The city lay in shambles at last night's attack. Smoke had begun to dissipate and its stench soon too left the open air, allowing the nice summer day to return to Soleanna. The princess, your best friend... still missing.

Your party now consisted of two. A new blue hero, Sonic the Hedgehog, had appeared in the wake of Eggman's siege. The two of you became acquainted, cracking jokes in this dark time as he escorted you back into the main cityscape.

Coming to a walking pace, the two of you found yourselves in the corner of a riverside back. From a distance, a small orange dot began to grace towards you. Closer, you realized it was another Mobian, a fox- with two tails?-

'How odd.' you thought to yourself, coming to a full stop a few feet away from Sonic. The individual appeared to be very young. He looked to his blue friend with matching blue eyes, happiness expressed throughout his face.

"Hey Tails! Long time no see buddy." The hedgehog gave the fox, Tails, a thumbs up as he approached.

In turn, Tails skipped forwards to meet his friend, "Hey Sonic! How's it going? You wanna go get some Ice Cream!?"

You narrowed your (e/c) eyes and crossed your arms at the brightness of this little creature. Did he even know what just happened hours before?

"Here's this, if we see some we can get ice cream, but we've got a mission to focus on." Sonic patted the shoulder of Tails, who nodded side to side in agreement, fair enough. The hedgehog now turned to you, gesturing with his hand as he stepped to the side, allowing Tails to see you. Someone new!

"Oh, hello!" He cheered, waving rather violently in your direction. He examined your form. A (f/c) (m/s) whom he soon began to piece together as the same (m/s) from the coronation ceremony. "You must be (Y/n) the royal guard! You fucked up real bad."

"Thanks-" Your eyes widened at hearing this young child swear you out, making you uncomfortable at the mistakes you made. Looking away, you left Sonic to talk with Tails- you judging him in the background.

"But anyways Sonic, I think there's ice cream by the beach. I also saw-"

Spinning around, the smallest scent caught your nose. Oily and wretched, it smelled like fuel- ship fuel... "There!"

You threw your arm in the air, pointing to the beach nearest to the mountains across the city from the dock you stood near. "We need to go in a general...."

The waves lapped at the walls while you skidded to the edge, scanning across that blue horizon towards a small vein of smoke coming from the point you identified, "That way direction."

Sonic and Tails froze, turning around to the direction you pointed at. Lifting up your leg, you speed off towards it! Sure that this was where Eggman was hiding.

. . . . .

"OOOooh- We missed him again-." Sonic mumbled, coming to a stop on the beach. He began to mumble back about the ice cream he promised Tails after the small fox became demanding. You toned out their arguing in the background.

You were right. Eggman's ship grazed through the crystal clear blue sky away from your position. 'Damn it...'

While narrowing your eyes to look up at the shining ship under the sun, a small glow hit your eyes, causing you to blink uncomfortably while the small piece of debris floated towards the ground.