chapter 16- false alarm

Beta jason p.o.v.

Bella is very heavily pregnant. She has 2 weeks left till the baby is born but he could come any minute now. My possessiveness and protectiveness is getting really bad and that's how I know its definitely nearly time for baby boy to come.

We still haven't picked out a name for him yet. I'm not sure what we want to call him. We keep changing our minds but I think when baby comes then we will just know a name for him.

I'm in the pack office getting some paper work done when isabella barges in crying her eyes out. I stand up panicking and assessing her for any injuries when she started blabbering on about wanting peanut butter and jam on a wrap and something about not having any peanut butter left.

We probably dont have any left because I caught her eating it out the jar with a spoon, which I took off her which ended up with me getting smacked over the head with the spoon.

I sighed but picked her up softly and told her I will send a pack warrior to pick one up but for now she needs to get some rest.

I put her in bed and kissed her head. I went to walk away when she whispered "please stay" in my ear.

I stripped down to my boxers and climbed in bed next to her. I pulled her to my chest and fell asleep with her snuggled up to my chest.

I woke up to a whimper. I ignored it trying to go back to sleep when I heard another whimper this time louder. I shot up realising its bella whimpering.

"Baby what's wrong is everything okay" I asked panicked.

"I just keep getting tightness in my belly that's all baby. It's just uncomfortable love, it will go away soon I been feeling it a lot today. It will go away for a bit then come back. "

"What why didnt you tell me before. Right let's get you to the pack house just in case." I said worriedly.

"Baby it's fine it's probably just-" she didnt get chance to reply because I cut her of...

"Baby I'm not taking no for an answer. Let's just go just incase. "

She sighed but I think she knew it would ease my mind.
"Okay love"

We drove to the infirmary and i basically barged in making the doctors and nurses jump, clearly not expecting it.

Bella smiled softly and apologetically at them which made them smile at her back softly.

"Hello beta jason and beta female isabella, what can I do for you"

"Good morning doctor I would like you to check my mate over. She has been experiencing tightness and uncomfortable so I would like to see if she is in labour. "

"Okay that's fine. Right this way please.

We followed him down to the infirmary room and she sat down on the bed with beta me helping her by lifting her up as she couldn't reach properly.

He did a few things and checked her blood pressure and so on.

"Everthing seems to be fine. You are not in labour yet however you are experiencing Braxton hicks. If you don't know what that is it's basically your body getting ready for the really thing/birth."

"See baby I told you everthing is fine. If you had let me finish before I was going to tell you I think it was Bratton hicks. " she said with frustration and a hint of tiredness.

"Sorry baby. I just got worried is all. " I said guiltily.

"I know my love. That's one of the things I love about you is how caring you are." She smiled softly.

"Let's get you home so you can have some rest." I said softly.

"Yeah, oh and by the way you owe me a hot chocolate with whipped cream and you owe me peanut butter with jam on a wrap." She said firmly.

I chuckled and said...

"Sure thing my love"

Cassie p.o.v.

It's the nest day since jason rushed me to the pack infirmary. Right now I'm in my kitchen sipping my hot chocolate with whipped cream talking to luna cassie. Beta jason was in his office doing some more pack work but I could feel his emotions. He was tired, worried and anxious and excited. I knew it was about the baby. He hated being far from me because he knows baby boy could come any minute.

I just told luna cassies what happened last night when she burst out laughing.

"Oh god I wish I was there" she said laughing even more.

I groaned remembering how tired I was and how i just wanted my bed. To be honest I'm still feeling drained.

"Its funny but embarrassing as well " i said gigglinga little.

"I think pack doctors kind of get used to it. They are probably use to parents coming in panicking about anything and everything. I remember when Xavier got a small paper cut and started bleeding I cried and ran to pack doctor. I felt stupid after but there and then I didnt care. I needed to know he was okay. That's how beta jason feels with you and his pup. " she said smiling.

"Fair point. I get where your coming from. " I said with a smile.

For a few more hours we talked and laughed. She went home and I went to bed with beta jason. Just as I was falling asleep I felt wetness trickle down my legs and I felt the whole bed go wet.

"Baby have you- have you peed yourself? Beta jason asked me hesitantly.

"No but erm. I think my water broke."