Belladonna

Belladonna - Silence.

Warning- This chapter may contain moments of madness and/or detailed explanations of pain, if you are uncomfortable during this chapter please leave and read something better. Thank you.

Theseus stayed at his desk for hours, when he wasn't at his desk he was walking to and from meetings that nearly drove him crazy. Today was particularly annoying, not only did he have to fill out his own work but he finally got to the Empress's work too. She had gotten too sick to work years ago, but someone had to do it, so the Emperor passed it down to Theseus. Of course, this wasn't very much work, but it was at least three assignments more than he could handle. He finally stood from his desk and looked out his window into the gardens, he loved watching the towering trees and the luscious grass and flowers sway gently in a warm breeze.

His racing mind and speeding heart slowed with the flowers until his mind seemed like it was flowing at the same speed as the grass swaying with the wind. He leaned on the wall, gentle as a flower petal, he let his icy gaze soften and he felt... Calm...

He hadn't noticed the knock on his door, nor did he notice the boy who had entered, uninvited.

He stared at Theseus, a mix of happy surprise and bewilderment as he saw Theseus's facial expression something other than the stiff, cold face he was used to.

Theseus noticed the birds had stopped chirping, the animals that had recently gathered on his balcony had disappeared and he suddenly stood upright. Returning to his stiff pose he had worn every day, all day, he hid the peace inside himself deep within his chest and his icy stare came back at a moment's notice.

Theseus did not look surprised when he saw the strange eyes peering at him. But the boy flinched at the icy stare he received from him and felt as if he was about to be scolded. But, in a surprise turn of events, Theseus sighed heavily and sat at his desk.

"I assume His Majesty called you here?"

"Um," Ranboo shuddered, still recovering from the sudden change in Theseus's behavior. "No, I'm... I'm here on my own accord." This made Theseus raise a brow, On his own accord? Would the rat please leave? He thought to himself, though never saying it aloud; he responded with a half nod, Returning to his work.

"I came to apologize for yesterday night. I feel that you are angry with me, but I wanted to let you know that I was sorry.." The boy stuttered, shifting uncomfortably in the unfamiliar room. He then walked to the door but was held back when Theseus had suddenly ordered him to stop, so he halted in his tracks, hands frozen on the heavy wooden door.

Theseus stepped forward, soon he was at the boy's side and he scoffed lightly at Ranboo's obsequious nature. Although he would never admit it, that was something Theseus respected about Ranboo.

Theseus leaned forward, his mouth inches from Ranboo's ear; "Be careful," He warned quietly so only he could hear, "The world's prettiest butterfly can be just as beautiful and intoxicating as the world's biggest lie."

The door opened and Ranboo was lightly pushed out, and it closed behind him.

...
What?

• <———> •

Theseus had told the servants and guards away, now only Wisp stood outside his study door as he filled paperwork and noted today's meetings. He hadn't finished the work but he felt his head nodding in drowsiness and his hand had faltered several times when signing documents more often than usual. So, calling it a day, he put away his things and left the study. He walked slowly, his balance wavering a few times, as he made his way down the hall. Wisp stuck close to his side like a shadow, there to catch him and not very noticeable either.