Garden Anemone

Garden Anemone - Forsaken

[Ranboo POV]

Although I hadn't quite understood the plan yet, I knew It wasn't something I could simply talk to Theseus about. I mean, even I knew that. It wouldn't take a genius to know that this plan wasn't something you'd bring up over breakfast. But how in the world do I talk to him privately? Bay Leaf makes him need guards around him constantly, and they could leak our plan to Phil. What am I supposed to do?

 I was pondering this, letting my feet wander around when I suddenly came across a door to a dining room full of whispers. I pressed my ear firmly to the door, listening to those who whispered too close to the door. 

 "Prince Theseus" .... "Blood" ... "Bay Leaf's tantrum" ... "General Technoblade" I pushed my face firmly, wanting to hear more. "... What is wrong with Prince Theseus? Can't he handle even a little stress?" A woman whispered behind a fan, scoffing lightly. "What is wrong with General Technoblade is my question!" Another whisper-yelled, clearly disgusted. "Threatening an imperial guard and treating Prince Theseus as if he was below him!" 

 I pulled away from the door, new information swirling around in my head. I lifted a hand to the large wooden door and felt pity for the poor thing. It must've heard so much over years it's been here and been unable to tell anyone. My feet carried me away from the door and I carefully made my way to Theseus's chambers. Once I reached the hallway I was surprised to see it empty. 

 There were no guards or servants by his large and greatly decorated door, which was unusual considering he is the crown prince and next in line for the throne. Surely they're just inside having a meeting! I heard Theseus does that now and then. He calls it; "Group listening assembly" or GLA, it's pretty much a therapy session with his servants and guards. Maybe I should go sometime, it might help my relationship with Theseus! 

 I pushed on the heavy door with golden embroidery, this door always took a little more force than other doors. Once I had pushed it open I peered into the room, empty. Light from the balcony shone in, bathing everything in a yellow hue. I spotted the blood before anything else. On the balcony, a trail from one end of the room to the bed, then a pool of it staining the sheets and blankets. I turned and ran, fear blooming like a twisted rose inside my heart. I felt its thorns spread through my veins, tearing and ripping at every inch of whatever sensical or logical thought it could find. 

 I turned a corner, only to come face-to-face with a wall, so I turned back around and hurriedly ran down a flight of stairs, and smacked face-first into a wall. Who the fuck built this maze? I thought, rubbing my forehead. The next two flights of stairs were alright, my boots clapped loudly on the marble and reminded me that I am, in fact, on the ground and not some strange fancy maze. 

  Finally, I found a hallway filled with guards and servants I recognized, all of them looking worried and stressed. I walked up to one girl who stood alone and tapped her shoulder. She jumped almost right out of her skin when she felt it, her shoulders spiked to her ears and she turned at me so quickly I flinched and threw my hands up, taking a half-step back. "S-Sorry!" I stutter, only taking a step forward when I saw her shoulders drop from her ears. 

"What's going on?" I ask, making eye contact with her. She rubbed her arm nervously before saying; "Prince Theseus tried to kill himself..." 

...

"You're kidding, right?" I said, a small chuckle leaving my mouth for no reason. She looked away and stared at the floor. "Ah... So, he is..." The realization hit me like a bus. 

This is my chance. 

I bowed to the servant, wished her well, and walked away. I eventually found Wilbur, who hadn't yet heard the news, and took a deep breath. White cherry. Remember; white cherry.