Balm of Gilead

Balm of Gilead - Cure, Relief.

• <———> •

Warning- This chapter may contain moments of madness, profanity, mentions of death/su!s!de, and/or detailed explanations of pain, if you are uncomfortable during this chapter please leave and read something better. This may also contain bad grammar, spelling mistakes, and too many commas. Thank you.

• <———> •

The emperor stared at me from across the great table. "Mynd morð." He said, although his mouth had barely even opened. The long pause after felt almost unbearable. "What?" He replied. The emperor stood up and the table vanished, the walls melted to the grass, the chair very suddenly disappears and he lands hard on the gravel path the Emperor had so gracefully stepped onto. "I've told you everything that I wanted to. By the end of this walk, I expect you to return to Wilbur's party and to publicly apologize to Ranboo-" 

 "No." The word fell out of his mouth like water over rocks, so practiced, as if he'd done this same dance before. 

"It's an order. And as a prince, you are obliged to comply." He said, although his mouth never changed from the slight hanging that opened his lips lightly. 

"The crown prince has no obligation to apologize to a lowborn pest and he is not someone to be disrespected, even by His Majesty." Theseus tried to cover his mouth, at the first word; he'd grinded his jaw closed and pulled his face but the sound continued as loud as if he'd been saying it. Even though he hadn't even had his mouth open. 

"Why did you change so much?" The emperor said, he stepped away and the ground shifted once again, this time to the greenhouse he'd fixed and started to care for. Instead of the emperor in front of him, there was a beautiful green and white bird that he'd come to know as Prince. In his hand there was a small letter that read; Does it need a name? You can give one if you want to. He studied the parrot closely, but green eyes have already beat him to it, peering up at him close. It's not the dumb look of beady bird eyes he is used to seeing, but a penetrating gaze of an intelligent creature that, for somewhat reason, seems sad. 

 "Did... Did you notice I have been crying? " He once again clasped a hand over his mouth but the sound didn't stop. The beautiful bird cooed and pressed itself against his chest, warmth filling his stiff clothes. "Stop it, you're going to make me cry again." He shook his head and tried to scream; THIS ISN'T MY VOICE! STOP IT! However, no sound came out. 

"This is my secret place," he admits in a low murmur. "I come here from time to time to cry my feelings out. Nobody knows about it, and I'd like to keep it that way, alright?" He is suddenly hit with a pang of guilt and the bird dissolved into a pile of dust on his lap. Suddenly Theseus is pushed into a standing position and the room spins until it's turned into his study. 

"Or," Wilbur presses, innocently tilting his head, "you could give up your place for Ranboo. Father and Techno prefer him over you, anyway." His heart sinks a little, the voices had failed to remind him of this event. "Get out," His words stung the air like bees, but Wilbur only smiled. "Aw," he coos, "why so aggressive-" 

"GET OUT!" He screams, grabbing an inkpot and hurling it at Wilbur. Wilbur ducks and it shatters against the wall, glass shards and ink gushing all over him. Wilbur straightens up, eyes wide and hands raised. He stepped back, guilt hitting him like a carriage as he stared at Wilbur. 

"...Theseus?" He felt his hand move on its own, he tried to tug it back but it didn't work. His fingers clasped around a heavy folder and Wilbur flinched before running out of the room. He stood there, shaking as invisible tears fell from his eyes. Well, kind of. He felt them leave his eyes, but they never rolled down his face, they simply disappeared. As if they weren't allowed.