Citron

Citron - Ill-natured beauty

 ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ sᴡᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ, ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴏғ ᴍᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴀʙᴜsᴇ, ᴀʀɢᴜɪɴɢ, ʜɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ɢʀ*ᴏᴍɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀʟᴋ/ʜɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴏғ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴀʟ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍɪɴᴏʀ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғᴇʟᴏɴɪᴇs. ɪғ ᴛʜɪs ᴅɪsᴄᴜssɪᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ sᴋɪᴘ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ. ɪ'ᴅ sᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜɪs sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴡᴀs ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀɪɴᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ɪᴛ. ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏғғᴇɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs; ᴛʜɪs ɪs sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴀ ғᴀɴғɪᴄ. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ.

I'd gotten a little hungry so I snuck out of the gardens with a basket, might as well take stuff back for everyone, right? The basket clipped the side of a pillar and I stopped to see if anyone heard it, that's when I heard something down the hall to my right. I tip-toed over and peeked around the corner. First I saw a row of paintings, the ones of my relatives. Then I heard this gross sound like someone was choking on water but couldn't quite get the water out. 

 My eyes naturally drifted towards the noise and I saw Wilbur standing in front of the painting clutching his throat with one hand and reaching out with the other. He stumbled forwards and clawed the canvas, tearing the paint and pushing the painting off the wall. It clattered to the floor next to him and he finally spat up some of whatever he was choking on, it landed on the torn canvas and I couldn't help but call his name out of shock. He turned to look at me and I flinched at the expression of pure, bone-chilling, horror on his face. 

 He fell to his knees and slumped against the wall, his eyes flicking closed and his mouth hanging open a little. Tears stained his cheeks and his skin was rather pale, I'd never seen him like that and it filled me with guilt to just leave him there. I'll fetch an extra plate for him too...

[ᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ: ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀ. (𝟽:𝟸𝟼 ᴘᴍ) ]

For prime's sake, why is he so heavy? I thought as I dragged him behind me. I picked Wilbur up by the armpits and draped him over my shoulders, his arms crossing in front of my chest and his head bobbing limply on my right shoulder. He was tall enough that by doing this and leaning forward (to keep me from not collapsing under his weight) his feet dragged on the ground behind me and his knees were almost to my feet. I swear this man is 80% height and 20% a jackass! 

 Finally, I push open the greenhouse door and drag both of us inside. I let him drop to the floor and catch my breath before trying to close the door again. The door got caught on his foot and I grimaced at it. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO FUCKING TALL?!" I snapped, kicking his foot inside and shutting the door loudly. I grabb his armpits once more and drag him further inside and prop him up against a statue, away from the fountain. 

 "Thes? Who is that?" Dream asked, pointing at the figure hidden from him. I stand up and brush off some of the dirt before draping my cape over his torso, keeping him warm and hiding his face. 

 "No one important, I brought food for everyone!" I chirped, passing Dream and walking to the basket which had been set next to the door. I flicked open the top and pulled out a plate of food covered in a tin top. I handed them out to everyone and placed one next to my sleeping brother, telling the bugs to stay off of it. I pulled out mine and lifted the top, steam billowed up and I laughed. "Cheese and trout gyoza!" I cheered, making Dream and Sapnap make a strange face.