Yellow Balsam

Yellow Balsam - Impatience

• <———> •

Warning- This chapter may contain moments of madness, profanity, mentions of death/su!s!de, and/or detailed explanations of pain, if you are uncomfortable during this chapter please leave and read something better. This may also contain bad grammar, spelling mistakes, and too many commas. Thank you.

• <———> •

I was sorting my clothes again, the servant couldn't quite figure out how I sorted them so she kept throwing them in random drawers. No way am I wearing any of the clothes touched by the contaminated ones. This is a problem when she just throws them where ever. So I've decided that when she is done she'll set them on the bed, preferably folded, so I can put them away myself. I'd had just finished putting the last item in when my door burst open. I stood up, hands out and up, similar to when surgeons had just finished doing something and didn't want their dirty gloves touching anything. 

 "Duke Sam!" Someone calls, rushing up to me. Their wild brown hair tosses around their face as their run comes to a halt in front of me, just as they stop to breathe another boy halts just before the doorway. The second one I recognize as Ranboo, however the first one I've seen around the castle but not been introduced to. 

 "You must be..?" I started, letting the pause hang in the air. "Tubbo," The boy pants, "Prince Theseus's old servent," I nod at him, noting the name. I remember hearing something about how even his servant left him for the commander. The boy stood up and I noticed the nervous faces on both of them, and the paleness as well. I could've sworn there were dried tears on Ranboo's face if Tubbo hadn't snatched my attention away again. 

"Please excuse my rudeness, but if you had the chance to save a boy's life by adopting him and taking him away from his neglectful family, would you do it?" The question startled me, making me raise a brow. "I'm assuming this is someone you know?" I asked but was met with an impatient glace from me to Ranboo. "How long do they have left to live?" I asked, knowing it probably wouldn't change my answer too much. 

 Tubbo glanced at the boy in the doorway, who cast a nervous glance back. "A-A month? That's what Wisp said," The boy recited. "But he and Prince Dream ran down in such a hurry! They must've done something! Theseus isn't going to die," He said, his voice drowned in false hope and delusion. "Right? He won't die... He can't die! I just- We just got to be able to talk!" The weaver in his voice and desperation alone almost made a crack in the stone wall protecting my heart. However, I am reminded of my first and potentially last conversation with Theseus. The awkward pauses, his pained expression, the innocent delusional face when confronted with the bitter truth, the way his entire deminer changed just by Phil's voice, the slight flinch he gave off when Philza glared at him for not responding fast enough, everything about it screamed for help.

 Was that really going to be our last conversation? I would never admit it out loud, but I slightly enjoyed the way Theseus talked. The tone where you couldn't perceive anything as an insult yet not as a compliment either, the put-together walk of his, his cold expression, his too straight posture, but at the same time it gave me much greater joy when that 'perfect prince' broke character. A smile fading, pained expressions, a slight shudder when he gets too nervous, the nervous fiddling that cost him a button in his shirt, every little change in his behavior that reminded me he too is human. Not some mechanical device or moving statue. A flesh and blood human with emotions I hadn't been able to see much of yet. 

Tubbo turned back to me, "Phil won't sign the surgical papers and he's got no one else!" He pleaded, dropping to his knees. "I beg you, even just for a day or so, please be the parent he needs." I stood frozen in place with his head by my feet, a mix of guilt, shock, fear, and desire swirling in my heart. Although I could never display it on my face. Within seconds I made up my mind and kneeled to Tubbo's side. 

 "I've always wanted a son." 

Tubbo pulled me along the corridor, passing confused onlookers and shocked mistresses, soon we came to a hall that was devoid of people. Great pillars held up the ceiling by the walls, large paintings changed from the Imperial family to doctors in glamorous white coats and various medical equipment. We soon turned a corner and I spotted Crown-prince Dream of Esempi standing next to Wisp, Theseus's guard, and they both had rolled up their sleeves as they stood near each other, quite a peculiar pose. Their heads snapped our way when we turned the corner, both of them rolling down their sleeves a little too fast to be a coincidence.

"Is Theseus okay?" Ranboo called, passing both of us and running right up to the pair. Dream glanced at Wisp who returned the glance. Just then the door to the office opened and Ranboo ran straight up to the man who'd just come out, which I now recognize as General Technoblade. Ranboo stumbled up to him, throwing himself against the General. "They won't tell me, but you'll tell me, right? You wouldn't lie, please," He grabbed a fistful of Techno's shirt, "Is Theseus okay? PLEASE, TECHNO!" He pleaded, tears ripping through his voice.

Techno dropped to his knees with Ranboo and pulled him into a pitiful hug, a hand on Ranboo's back and the other on the back of the commoner's head. "Theseus has four months left.." He practically whispered.

chip-

Something wet and warm started rolling down my cheek, every time I blink more follow. "What?" I say, wiping at my face. Wondering what's happening to my face. Tubbo turns to me and looks a little shocked as I continue to wipe more away. "Why won't they go away?" My knees wobble and I fall to the floor, my hands keeping me balanced. Now that I'm faced with the mirror-like floor I can see that the water is coming from my eyes. A drop hits the floor, distorting my appearance a little. "Ah," I hum, watching the floor fill with little drops. "So these are tears?" My voice wavered as I mewl, reminding me of how sensitive I really am. No matter how strong of walls I put up there's always a stray arrow that glides over it and shatters my glass heart. 

𓆩 <3 𓆪

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜱʜᴏʀᴛ, ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀᴡᴇꜱᴀᴍᴅᴜᴅᴇ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪᴍ. ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ɪꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀᴄᴛ, ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴇꜱᴛ!

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

𓆩 </3 𓆪