Red Chrysanthemum

Red Chrysanthemum - I love you

(Just to let yall know I post chapters when I finish the next one, and I've finally got inspiration so I'm just speedrunning this, sorry for all the sudden chapters lol)

• <———> •

Warning- This chapter may contain moments of madness, profanity, and/or detailed explanations of pain, if you are uncomfortable during this chapter please leave and read something better. This may also contain bad grammar and too many commas. Thank you.

• <———> •

Theseus cleaned the mess and rolled his cape into a ball. Holding the blue cape close to his chest he skipped across the paths of the garden. He had explored almost every inch of the garden before he came across a path that strayed from the gravel trail which swirled around the garden. He peered curiously behind the bushes that cleverly hid the path, although it wasn't very noticeable Theseus felt drawn to it.

"Etta jr avok secret stund, gjatek werk etta krenl vok." The fuzziness already spiked, and the ringing grew as Theseus stepped on the path. The warning didn't stop his curiosity, and certainly wouldn't hold him back. He carefully walked down the path; the nostalgia increased until it was almost crippling and his stomach turned and flew to his throat as he reached the door.

Above him a bird cry ripped his attention away; a beautiful green and white bird flew above him. "Hja klavram oorg ath knetjung." The voice almost screamed as he lifted his elbow out of instinct and the beautiful bird settled on his arm. He clutched his head as a name popped into his mind suddenly.

"Ow! Stop saying 'Prince'! I don't know who that is!" The bird pecked his ear in response, making Theseus turn to the bird. "Are you Prince?" The bird nodded and Theseus raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Can you tell me if I've been here before?" Theseus asked as he pointed to the glass building. The bird nodded and flew to the door, scratching at the handle then returning to Theseus. "You want me to go inside?" The bird cooed at him and he giggled, What a strange little bird.

He touched the handle and a pang of pain bloomed in his head, though he didn't stop. Once the door was open he almost cried in sad surprise. He burst in and Prince flew off his shoulder in surprise and settled on an empty flower pot that hung from the ceiling, watching him carefully.

"What the hell happened here? Oh this is just bloody horrible!" He rushed forward and caught a falling butterfly in his hands, it's beautiful blue and black wings flicked in response and twitched in his hand. His poor heart almost shattered at the sight of it, I must fix this! 

For the next few hours he walked back and forth, tending to the dying plants and mending broken pots, watering flowers, plucking weeds, and caring for every little life that lay trapped in the glass cage.

"Who would've let it get this terrible?" He asked himself as he helped a starving caterpillar eat a juicy green leaf. He pouted a little when the caterpillar turned away from the leaf and laid lazily on the ground.

A bee buzzed past his ear and he smiled as it landed on his finger. It's fat little yellow and black body brushed against Theseus's finger and it rubbed some pollen onto his knuckles as a thank you. It buzzed away and landed on a nearby flower, now blooming gracefully with the care Theseus had given it.

Prince stared at Theseus strangely, thinking quietly to himself and watching the crown prince's green thumb cause flowers to bloom and insects to find new life.

When Theseus had entered everything was almost dead, but now he sat in the middle of a blooming, lively greenhouse. Everything was swirling around him, as if he was some sort of god of plants and life.