Lupine

Lupine - Imagination

[Ranboo POV]
Everything was spinning, my feet felt numb and my knees kept buckling. I waved my head lightly, not being able to get the air inside my skull to settle down or escape.

Escape.
That's what Theseus needs.
An escape.

Away from the pain...

Away from PHILZA...

My foot stumbled again and Wisp pressed a firm hand to my chest, keeping me upright. I glanced up at him, my eyelids are heavy and my face was pale. He stared back with kind eyes, a look I've seen before on Theseus. Though, not to me. Even if he's never looked that empathetic to me I still find him one of the kindest people in my heart and, dare I say it, kinder than Phil.

I remember the blood, the sound of a sword, and the scream... My heart slowed, instead of the fast beats that ricochet in my chest, it slowed into a soft, calm pulse.

I felt a little better now, the sound of his screams somehow soothing my racing thoughts. I took a deep breath, not as shaky as the others, and stood upright. I felt the light pulse of pain in my spine dissolve into my muscles and veins. Seeping the pain across my body so I couldn't feel it anymore.

"You alright now, Sir Ranboo?" Wisp said softly, keeping his hand pressed gently against my shirt. I smiled back, closing my eyes and relaxing my face so I could look untroubled.

"Yes, Wisp. I feel much better now, thanks to you!" I laughed, with no stutter in my words. I hated lying. It was so obvious.

His face relaxed a little, letting me know he hadn't picked up on the lie, or he just chose to ignore it. His hand dropped back to his side and he escorted me to my room. I opened the door and the familiar space welcomed me with a silent wave.

I walked to the bed and sat down, taking a deep breath and letting my back fall against the blankets. Wisp chuckled and closed the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Thoughts of violence.

Thoughts of blood.

Thoughts of screams...

[Wilbur POV]
I hate this. It's so cold! I can't believe they took my jacket too! I glanced at the door, made of stone and a small barred window at the top, the barrier stood strongly against me. I scowled at the guard who walked by, although he didn't notice.

My feet hurt, and so does my back. Couldn't they even give me a blanket? I patted the stone slab that was supposed to be a bed as if it could soften into something else.

I thought about Theseus, how dare they take me away from him. His world is dark, full of shadows and fear. But I am the light. I am the sun that makes it all go away. He needs me.

He needs me and they won't let me out of here. He will die without me. HE'S GOING TO DIE WITHOUT ME!

"Let me out of here!" I screamed, throwing my hands to my hair once more. "PHIL IS GOING TO DIE!" I paused for a moment.

Phil?

Why did I say, Phil?

It felt right. It felt right. Saying that Phil will die. If he does, would anyone care? I thought of Techno. He would care. He cares about all of us, even if we don't notice. Fundy would care. A lot of people would care. But do I care? Would Theseus care? That. I'm not sure.

I heard the rattle of a key in the large door's lock, then the click of its opening, and I knew it was time to eat.

The door scraped against the stone floor and I turned slowly to the man standing beside it. "Good Evening, Prince Wilbur." He nodded at me, making me smile. "How's your day been going?"