Anemone

Anemone - Forsaken

• <———> •

Warning- This chapter may contain moments of madness and/or detailed explanations of pain, if you are uncomfortable during this chapter please leave and read something better. Thank you.

• <———> •

Everything was really weird, everyone turned their head and whispered when he walked down the hall, they would talk to him slowly like he was a baby, and guards were practically glued to his side. He wasn't allowed to touch any of the papers in his room, it was almost a bad omen for him to hold a quill, and he wasn't allowed to be on his feet much.

The medical examiners said that he should spend time around people he knows so he could regain memories about them faster, but who were these people anyway? He knows that he lost his memory, but what if he never knew these people in the first place? But, if he didn't know them, why would the guards let him be around them? So, concluding that he knew all of the guards around him, he held conversations with them and entertained himself with their stories of battle, war, assassination attempts, betrayal, and their silly home life that Theseus adored so much.

"And my wife, Miranda, looked at the robber and said; 'Thanks for teaching me the meaning of plethora.' " One guard said, sending the crowd into a laughing fit, Theseus threw his head back and tears filled his eyes as he wheezed so loudly that the guards patted his back and chuckled at the display of emotion.

Eventually, Theseus and the guards had sat down and he had listened to all of their stories, all of the jokes and tales of war, and they all were holding a simple conversation when Prince Wilbur approached and leaned on Theseus's shoulders. "My Theseus," He cooed into his little brother's ear, "We are expecting you in the dining room. Come join us, and let's eat lunch together! You love me, right?"

"I..." Theseus hesitated, Wilbur's hands drifted down Theseus's torso and clasped together over his ribs as he let his head drop onto Theseus's collar. Theseus's back straightened and his muscles stiffened as Wilbur grew closer. The guards cast Theseus a worried look and some stared at Wilbur strangely.

"Theseus.." Wilbur warned, his hands separated and one clutched his younger brother's throat at the other grasped a handful of Theseus's clothes. "I am your brother, brothers love each other. My songbird, Do you love me?" Theseus felt the hand gripping his throat tighten, Wilbur, pressed his body closer until Theseus felt like he was in a hug of death where if he said the wrong thing he would die.

"Of course, I do. I love you, Wilby." Wilbur let go and backed away with a sick smile, he patted Theseus's hair and said, "Good, Let's have lunch together as a family, My Songbird." With this Wilbur departed and Theseus took a gasp of air and shakily cupped his hands and let his face drop into his palms.

The guards comforted Theseus and soon, Wisp, who sat next to Theseus, tilted the prince's head up and showed the light red marks where Wilbur had grabbed Theseus's neck. This angered some guards who threatened to throw Wilbur into the prison for hurting Theseus, but Theseus calmed them and told them it was okay. "He's my brother after all, what more could he want than my well-being?"

The guards didn't respond, some knew of their siblings who tried killing them or another sibling, some heard of stories where prince twins killed each other for the throne, and others knew of siblings so possessive they locked their siblings away to "keep them forever" but Theseus, who hadn't heard these stories, only knew of loyal and kind siblings who protected the younger brother or sister from danger. So he saw no harm done, no cruel intent, or sketchy behavior in Wilbur's actions.