Alyssum

Alyssum - Worth beyond Beauty

• <———> •

Warning- This chapter may contain moments of madness, profanity, mentions of death/su!s!de, and/or detailed explanations of pain, if you are uncomfortable during this chapter please leave and read something better. This may also contain bad grammar, spelling mistakes, and too many commas. Thank you.

• <———> •

I turned around and spotted Dream in the doorway, I strutted over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Please don't let Theseus die, I don't know If I could take it again..." Dream stayed silent for a moment longer, before saying; "Theseus is as much my friend as he is yours. If I must sign the papers myself then I shall do so without hesitation."

Both of us ran to the medics office and to Theseus's side. The medic had noticed that something was wrong with his breathing so he had removed Theseus's tunic and unbuttoned some of the fasteners on his shirt, revealing some of the Prince's chest which bore bruises of unknown origin and old scars that hadn't been noticed by anyone other than Theseus himself and maybe Tubbo.

"Where's Emperor Philza? He needs to sign or--" He started, "That bitch is too obsessed with Ranboo to even think about Theseus." I scoffed looking at Theseus closely. "Is there any way Wisp or I could sign the papers? Or maybe someone else in the castle?" Dream asked, not daring to look at Theseus's nearly shirtless body. The medic thought for a moment, "I need a family member to sign, preferably a parent but I guess-"

"TECHNOBLADE!" Dream and I yelled, then we rushed back out and began searching the castle for him together. Would this nightmare ever end? Why can't it just stop already! Just someone, please!

Right in the middle of my frantic thoughts I bumped into someone taller than me and looked up to see an extremely pale prince with long white hair that was braided behind his shoulders and some light sunburns on his otherwise perfect skin. I instinctively grabbed his arm and stared him in the eyes, making sure he heard what I was going to say.

"Theseus is going to die." Is all I could get out before Dream started showing Technoblade the way. The three of us ran faster than our feet could manage, although Deam and the General were both much faster than me. Technoblade quickly signed the papers shoved in front of him and watched the doctor work, silently and nervously.

Prince Dream and I stood outside the door, both of us panting and leaning on the wall. Dream with his back pressed firmly against the pillar and me with my hand touching the wall while the other rested on my knee. "Thank the gods Theseus finally got someone to sign," I sighed, "My heart almost couldn't take this." I laughed lightly and hardly noticed my sleeve sliding down my arm until it was too late and Prince Dream had already seen them.

Now I realize how hollow and transparent you feel when someone tells a secret of yours, it's as if embarrassment and fear swallow you whole and spat you back out but forgot your heart, although you could hear its echoes in your ears rather than in your chest.

[ᵀᵂ: ᴵᴹᴾᴸᴵᴱᴰ ᴬᵀᵀᴱᴹᴾᵀ(ˢ) ᴼᶠ ˢᵁ!ˢ!ᴰᴱ, ᴾᴸᴱᴬˢᴱ ᴰᴼ ᴺᴼᵀ ᶜᴼᴹᴹᴵᵀ ᴼᴿ ᴴᴬᴿᴹ ᵞᴼᵁᴿˢᴱᴸᶠ ᴼᴿ ᴳᴱᵀ ᴵᴺˢᴾᴵᴿᴬᵀᴵᴼᴺ ᶠᴿᴼᴹ ᵀᴴᴱˢᴱ ᴺᴱˣᵀ ᶠᴱᵂ ᴾᴬᴿᴬᴳᴿᴬᴾᴴˢ]

Dream stared at the long pale scar drawn almost all the way across my wrist, similar lines below them, however not nearly as prominent. I watched as his eyes drifted to the black tattoo on my hand, a mix of shock and horror on his face.

"So that's what you meant..." He mumbled, unable to look away. I ripped my hand away from the wall and brought it close to my chest, covering it with my sleeve.

"Please don't tell, I'd lose my job and-"

"I'm not gonna tell, I'm not that cold-hearted," He said, standing up. He dropped his head to his shoulder and pulled up his own sleeve, revealing similar marks but only lighter and not nearly as deep as I'd put mine. "Secret buddies?"

"Secret buddies."

(Techno POV)
The doctor worked on my little brother with careful hands, I've seen scary sights before but it feels different when it's your family on the table. Although not very different, I do this with every single person I've been around, people I hurt, or people I fight with, don't make a difference to me. It fills me with the same guilt, the same fear, the same nervousness as now. 

 Soon the doctor backed away, looking at Theseus who lay too still on the table. He sighed and started stitching him back up with practiced hands. My heart sank to the floor at the sound, that was never a good sound to hear. Are you really going to lose Theseus the way you lost me? One of the voices asked, making me flinch. No... 

 "I've done all I could do with what you were able to sign, I'm sorry." He said, taking off his gloves. "What the hell does that mean?" I queried, stepping forward. 

 "Unfortunately, even with your title you are only his sibling, therefore you cannot allow me to do specific things. Things that, say, his father could allow." He gestured to the door but I stood my ground. "If I were to find someone willing to adopt Theseus would that work?" The doctor pondered this for a moment, then nodded. 

 "He has four months at best, with what I've been able to do," He put a hand on my shoulder, "If you're going to find someone, you better find them fast.."

(Ranboo POV)
I stared at Philza as the door shut, listening to the receding steps rush down the hall. "I caught '⊑⟒'  '⊬⍜⎍⍀' and '⎎⏃⎍⌰⏁' but I didn't know the rest," I said, watching Philza swallow and put a hand to his mouth. 

 "⟟⎎ ⊑⟒ ⎅⟟⟒⌇ ⟟⏁'⌇ ⊬⍜⎍⍀ ⎎⏃⎍⌰⏁ means 'If he dies it's your fault,'" He translated, making my heart sink a little. I nodded in response and I excused myself quietly. I briskly walked to my chambers and opened the door, knowing he'd be there waiting for me. Of course, buried in his brown curls sat a plump bumble bee, probably the plumpest bee I've ever seen.

 "Ranboo? Back already?" He asked, looking at me with the prettiest pair of eyes I'd ever seen on a person. "Yeah," I sighed, flopping on the bed. Tubbo reached over and patted my hair with gentle hands, quickly going from an up and down motion to brushing his fingers through my soft hair. The bee left out the open window and Tubbo picked pollen from his hair, still combing through mine. 

 "What's wrong?" He asked, pulling out the last piece. I stared up at him and he laid down next to me, nearly an inch away from my face. "⟟⎎ ⊑⟒ ⎅⟟⟒⌇ ⟟⏁'⌇ ⊬⍜⎍⍀ ⎎⏃⎍⌰⏁," I said, Tubbo looked at me confused so I elaborated; "It means 'If he dies it's your fault'" 

 "Who's gonna die?" Tubbo asked, bringing his hand back. Tears started to well in my eyes and I buried my face into the blankets before giving him a reply. 

 "Phil is going to let Theseus die!" I sobbed, crying into the sheets. Tubbo pulled me up and took the collar of my shirt, holding it in a fist and bringing my face close to his. 

 "Where is Theseus?" He asked, and I sniffled as another tear ran down my face. "I-In the medical examiner's office. But he needs a parent's signature and Phil won't sign!" I cried as he dropped my shirt and picked up my hand, pulling me to the door. 

"I know someone who won't hesitate to sign, and he'll help get Theseus away from this cursed family," Tubbo postulated, opening the door and tugging me down the hall. 

We can save Theseus?