Chapter 30. The Chamber of Secrets

Luna's POV

"STUPEFY!" I screamed. A Risen toppled over, and we began to run. I became aware that there were a lot of Risen Wizards tailing me, and Harry probably noticed this too,as he sent numerous spells and jinxes at them.

"HARRY!" Neville screamed. I realised that we were surrounded, with nowhere to run. Harry's hand grasped mine, and he stepped in front of the group.

"Of course, Harry Potter always needs to be the hero." The Risen jeered, and one of them raised his wand. I raised my wand, prepared to cast a shield charm-

"PROTEGO MAXIMA!" Harry bellowed.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" The Wizard roared.

The deadly green light rebounded off the shining barrier, it hit a suit of armour and it cracked.

Suddenly, the wizard who had cast the curse ran forwards, protecting himself with a shield charm. His companions sprang forwards and began duelling us. I was sending a Petrificus Totalus at my dueller when I felt a strong hand grip me by the neck. Whoever did that disarmed me and I could only watched in horror as my wand rolled down the corridor. I screamed as the person behind me tightened his grip, rendering me unable to breathe. The Risen Wizard ran off with me struggling, but I could see a glimpse of Harry chasing after him.

Immediately after the wizard abducting me saw him, he started flying. The walls of the castle turned into a blur as writhed and struggled in his arms.

"LUNA!" I heard Harry yell.

"Harry!" I said as loud as I possibly could. The abductor clamped a hand to my mouth.

We sped to a bathroom and I kicked at him, but with no avail.

The man behind me suddenly jumped in a long, steep passageway, and I realised that he was leading me down the Chamber of Secrets. Knowing this made me feel absolutely terrified. I wrestled and struggled in his arms even harder, but it was hopeless.

We zoomed down, and I could feel the biting wind sting my cheeks. Finally, we hit the floor. Immediately, the man pounced down on me, pinning my arms to the side. He used a curse to bind my arms and legs together. I lay on the cold floor, still wrestling with my bindings. I struggled more, and the wizard raised his wand. The ropes tightened, cutting into my flesh. I screamed in pain.

"Luna Lovegood." A voice made me look up.

"Ginny?" I was stunned. "What do you want?"

"Revenge." She said softly. "CRUCIO!"

Immediately, I screamed. It felt like my body was on fire, like a thousand knives and drills were being screwed into my flesh, and all I wanted was to black out, make this end, make this end-

Then it stopped. Ginny stepped over my shaking body to peer at me.

"Did you like that?" She asked, tauntingly.

I didn't reply. I didn't even know if I had the strength to.

"Wanna try again?" She continued, leering at me.

"Crucio!"

The curse hit again. I writhed and flailed, sobbing and screaming with pain, curling myself into a ball as I tried to stop the pain spreading.

It stopped again. I lay there, limp and shivering, tears still pouring down my cheeks.

"Don't ever mess with me again." Ginny said quietly. She drew a knife and suddenly pounced at me. I screamed and screamed as she used the blade to cut something on my arm, and when she was done, my arm felt like it had been pressed on with a red-hot wire. Shaking, I lifted my arm gently, and the word 'Freak' was the last thing I saw as everything turned black.