Chapter 54. Don't Look Back (part 2)

Harry's POV (seriously?)

I leaped over Ginny and kicked the wooden 'dead end' open. The rotten wood made way and we ran. 

A scream broke the silence. 

My heart shattered. It was Luna. Where was she?

Hermione turned to me, her face ghastly pale. "Luna!" 

She pointed to the left. I ran, feeling our breath coming out in terrified, panicked wheezes.

We came to a metal door, which lead to a staircase down to the dungeons.

Another scream. This time, a roar followed it. 

"LUNA!" I bellowed, and blew the metal door open. I bounded down the stairs and came to a werewolf, his mouth wide open, revealing saliva-stained yellow teeth. 

Luna was pinned below him, motionless. 

My anger and rage built up bit by bit. Every single ounce of negativity inside me exploded. The glass ball containing the bad memories, the anger and the fear shattered. It all came flooding out, cascading down. 

I let out a scream, and my wand started to shake. A golden strand of light flew from it, and hit the werewolf in the chest. He collapsed on top of Luna. I rushed to her, and heaved the werewolf up and Hermione took it from there. 

Hermione levitated the werewolf and threw him out of the window (she claimed). 

"Luna... no. No, no, no!" I felt for her pulse. It wasn't there. I look up wildly, and saw the blood seeping out from a claw mark on her shoulders.

Was she dead?

"HERMIONE! Luna..." I couldn't continue. I carried Luna's body to her.

"Harry!" She stared at Luna's limp form.

"We have to get her out of here." She drew her wand and sent out a flare, bright golden, into the sky. It exploded with a bang. 

"For Neville and Hannah." She muttered. 

Which meant that we had to fight our way out, since Neville and the others were miles away.

I looked at Hermione, my eyes wild. 

"Shock spell." I said.

Her eyes widened. "M-me?"

"Yes! Hermione, quick!" I blinked away the moisture in my eyes. 

She looked at me, and for the first time, I saw Hermione in a vulnerable state.

"I-I can't! I'll kill her!" She said.

I stared at her.

"Do it." It wasn't a order. It was a request.

She clenched her jaw. And she did just that.

The red strand of light snaked it's way to Luna's heart. 

A dull thud.

A flash of red light.

A twitch in a hand.

A life.

Luna was alive. Her heart was beating. Hermione was looking completely bloodless. 

I couldn't describe myself during that time. All I knew was that I had to go back to my friends. I picked Luna up, bridal style, and rushed to the door. 

"Not so fast!" A voice yelled. 

My heart skipped a beat.

"Come on, we got you broomsticks- LUNA!" Neville's broken, terrified voice rang across the room. 

He jumped down and helped Hermione up to one of the broomsticks. She was shell-shocked.

Now he looked at me, and I looked right back.

"We have to go. Now." I managed to whisper. 

"Don't look back." I said. 

He nodded. "I'll bring h-her on!" 

My memory was fuzzy after that. Maybe because of exhaustion, maybe because I was overwhelmed. 

A hour (actually it was minutes, but it felt like centuries) later, we arrived at the Burrow. The ministry was no longer safe.

I felt hands grip me as I was escorted inside. 

I was placed on a bed. I managed to get up and stumble over to Mrs. Weasley.

"Mrs Wea-" I began.

"Oh, Harry dear. You look dreadful! I'll go grab some soup for you, and in the meantime, get back to bed! You need rest." 

"Luna. How is she?" I said.

"Oh..." her face fell.

"She's okay. Arthur said she wasn't bitten, but we need to get her to St. Mungo's within a few hours. Right now, Hermione and the others are discussing how to hide her from the Riseners and G-Ginny." She said.

"How about Ron?" I pressed.

"Ron...after Fawkes got him back, he recovered fairly quickly. He's up now, talking with Hermione and Neville." Mrs Weasley said. 

"I have to go see Luna. And Ron. And Hermione. And Neville. And anybody on our side." I said, getting up.

Mrs Weasley looked like she was about to say something, but she didn't. 

I brushed past her and walked downstairs, patting her softly on the back on my way out.

I was sure I heard a stifled sob as I went down the stairs.