Chapter 46. Dolores Nearly Dies

A/N Get ready. 

Nobody's POV 

They spun around. 

A toad-like woman with a pink bow perched on her curled hair was standing in front of them. 

Harry's scar on his hand started tingling. 

"Umbridge." He said. 

"Hello, dears." She said. 

She raised her wand. 

"Bombarda Maxima.

Dejä Vu. 

A bookshelf exploded behind them, kilograms of books flying in every direction. 

"Protego!" Hermione shrieked.

The books rebounded off the shield. 

"Who wants to play truth or dare?" Luna cried. 

"Not now!" Harry yelled. 

"Ron, I dare you to push the bookshelf next to the toad!" 

"On it!" 

He pushed the bookshelf and it collapsed. Umbridge' bow fell off. 

She looked much better/worse without it, depending on what you see. 

A dozen Aurors poured out of a hidden room. 

Harry cursed. 

Spells flew in every direction. Ron was pushing bookshelves everywhere. 

An Auror ran in his direction. 

Hermione screamed. 

"GET AWAY FROM HIM, YOU IDIOT!" 

The Auror ignored her. 

Then Ron vaulted off a chair and pushed two bookshelves on top of him. 

"BOOKS CAN BE A WEAPON." Hermione shouted. "BEAT THAT, YOU TWITS!" 

Harry grinned. 

But as powerful as they were, the Aurors seemed to get the upper hand. They forced the four into the Atrium. 

"PEOPLE! WE ARE TRYING TO DEFEAT THE NEW VOLDEMORT! IF WE DIE, WHO'S GOING TO DEFEAT HIM?" Harry yelled. 

"The ministry is enough!" Umbridge shrieked. 

"Yeah right." Harry  said, duelling an Auror three feet taller than him. "What were you doing when Voldemort was here? Making pink magazines?" 

Umbridge went red. "We didn't know!" 

"Well you should!" Harry yelled. 

"Hermione, do you have a plan?" Luna muttered. 

"Yes! Just watch!"

Hermione jumped off a ledge. 

"Hey, Toad!" She called. "Prove your worth! If you need some Aurors to protect you, then you definitely aren't strong enough. See?" 

Luna sent a well-aimed Petrificus Totalus to one of the Aurors. 

"See?" Hermione continued.  "They are useless! If you need Aurors, then you are a coward!" 

The others caught on. Yelling jeers at U-bend, who had swelled to the size of a obese toad, they duelled the Aurors. 

Finally, Umbridge couldn't take it much longer. 

"AURORS! DISMISSED!" She shrieked. 

The Aurors grunted. Then they left. 

Harry grinned. Who knew The Toad would be so obedient? 

"ATTACK." He whisper-yelled.

Then all four started attacking. Umbridge was backed into a corner. 

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I AM PROFESSOR DOLORES UMBRIDGE, UNDERSECRETARY OF THE MINISTER OF MAGIC, FORMER HEADMISTRESS OF HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY!" 

"And what exactly," Harry said, gesturing to the stony faces of Ron, Hermione and Luna, "makes you think that we care?" 

Ron leapt forwards and punched Umbridge between the eyes. 

She flew backwards and crashed onto the wall. 

"That was for Fred and George." Ron said. 

The four left the unconscious Umbridge alone. The helpless mound of pink crap that was supposed to be  "PROFESSOR DOLORES UMBRIDGE, UNDERSECRETARY OF THE MINISTER OF MAGIC, FORMER HEADMISTRESS OF HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY!" was just lying on the ground, just like the hundreds of muggle-borns who had gone to Azkaban because of her. Karma just made this day one of the best in Harry's life: 

until a few Riseners swooped in the ministry and dragged Ron away, flying into the night.