Chapter 41. Surprise

Harry's POV (A/N WHY SO FKNG MUCH HARRY POV'S...)

We spent a weekend at Hogwarts. No sign from Ginny or Vadadeces. Malfoy 1, aka Lucius, stayed at St. Mungo's to deal with his after-Azkaban experience. Malfoy 2, aka Draco, used most of the weekend staying with Malfoy 1. 

Hermione was quite worried about the suspicious lack of attack from Vadadeces. And she probably wasn't wrong, but as Ron said (through a mouthful of chicken, always) "Bhon't worby, My-knee. Bey are pobaby so scared of us thwat bey did not bwant to see us." He laughed, spraying me with a lot (and I mean a lot) of chicken. "Cowards!" Which Hermione later interpreted as "Don't worry, Mione. They are probably so scared of us that they did not want to see us. Cowards!" 

Classic Ron.

Luna seemed to very busy. She kept talking to Professor Mcgoncgall and hurried away with a smile when she saw me, like she was keeping some really big surprise. She also spent loads of time in Diagon Alley, apparently 'visiting George's shop'. 

I spent loads of time staring at the Marauders Map for unknown reasons. Some part of me that I was disgusted with, longed for Ginny to come back. It felt better to have her around, but her and I both knew that we were enemies. 

That is, when Luna disrupted me with some big news. 

"HARRY!" She cornered me in the corridors. Her face was bright pink with elation. "Hermione and Ron already know, and Neville, and Hannah- oh, Harry!" 

"What the..." I pushed her gently away and pushed a strand of hair out of her face.

"We're having a ball!" She cried. 

"Sorry?"

"A ball, Harry, a ball! Like the Yule Ball! Professor Mcgoncgall told me this morning! And guess what? In Diagon Alley-"

She whisked me off in a flash of Floo. (Whatever that means...)

*opera singing mode* DYA-GONN ALLLEEYYYYYYY

We stood in front of a cute shop. It was decorated with cute designs of animals, flowers etc. The banner read 'WRACKSPURT WARDROBE'. 

"It's my shop, Harry!" 

"Wh-" 

"My mother taught me fashion from a young age. When she died, I never went all peppy again. But now-"

She brought me to a rack full of splendid clothing. 

"Here!" 

I admired it. "Wow, Luna! Look at these!" I lifted up the beautifully embroidered lace. "They're GAW-JOUS!" 

Luna giggled, still breathless. "I'm going to make the outfits!" 

I noticed she didn't mentioned who was the date.

Which meant I needed to ask her.

Easy-peasy, except for... everything.

Luna stayed in Diagon Alley for the rest of the Christmas. Finally, she returned to Hogwarts on Sunday.

My chance!

I approached her during break, but she was talking to Hermione, who was blushing. Hannah was next to her, classified as a tomato. (TO-MAH-TO, PEOPLE. NOT TO-MEY-TO.)

I didn't want Hermione overhearing us, so I gave up. 

Evening. Hermione still talking to her.

Twilight. (I hate Twilight, do not beat me up. THEY TOOK CEDRIC AWAY *screams*)

Luna went alone for a stroll. 

MY TIME TO SHINE!

I approached her next to the lake, where we shared the first kiss.

"Luna?" 

"Yes, Harry?"

"Er-" My heart was doing beatbox onto my ribs.

 The Devil (taking the form of Voldy) told me not to do it. "She'll be taken anyway."m

The Angel (taking the form of my mother) told me "You love her! You're a GRIFFYNDOR! DO IT!"

I took the loudest breath.

"Ballgowithmewant?" I mumbled.

Luna looked at me. 

"PleasureHarrywillballgo." She said.

I smiled. She was THE. BEST. GIRLFRIEND.