Chapter 50. Sacrifice ⚠️ Rated T

A/N hi, it's luna! i'm back. just wanted all you lovely readers to know that the following chapters are rated extremely T, so be warned. quick summary: ginny tortures luna. it's unnecessary, but it just gives you a hint of how evil and twisted ginny in my fanfic has got.

Luna's POV (A/N finally)

I woke up with a start. I was lying on the couch. Harry was in his dorm.

My mind flicked back to the sheet of paper, and my eyes smarted. Ron was in danger, and Harry was willing to sacrifice himself for him.

I couldn't let that happen. I lost him at least twice. I wasn't going to lose him again.

I breathed out, shakily. I had made my decision. I was going to go. Ginny, that betrayer, had mentioned that anybody else who turned themselves in were eligible. Almost as she knew.

The moon had risen. I couldn't help but stare at it, wondering if that was the last moonlight I might ever see.

I walked to Harry's bed. He was sleeping peacefully. I wanted to hug him, telling him that I loved him, but I couldn't.

I took one last look at him and wrote a note. Then I ran out into the night.

I sprinted into the Forbidden Forest, cutting myself on the bark of a tree. Blood seeped out of the cut. Good.

Threstrals soon came. I looked at one's bony, complexed feature, and leaped on it's back.

"Take me to Ginny's lair." I whispered. It seemed to understand me. It spread its huge, beautiful wings and sped into the night.

~

The wind stung my face, making my eyes water. I blinked.

I could see a huge, looming shape in front of me. Screams and yells were coming from it. I sucked in a shaky breath.

The words Mansion of Evil was framed and nailed to the door. A hare's body, I recognised, was hung near the frame. I felt boiling rage that had nothing to do with Ron.

Suddenly, I felt a rush of wind near my back. I spun around, but it was too late. A purple mist surrounded me, levitating me into midair. A familiar voice said:

"State your reason of intruding, traitor."

It was Ginny. Her voice was harsh.

"Give Ronald back to us!" I screamed, dangling in midair. My heart was pounding.

Ginny cackled with laughter. "Oh. So Harry's not coming. Instead, we've got Loony! Tie her up!"

A burly man came and waved his wand. It was the same man who had tied me up in the chamber. I felt a subconscious urge to feel pity for them, since they obv had a staff shortage. 

Chains now trussed me, the rusted edges cutting into my arm and piercing the skin. Blood seeped out. The chains held tighter.

Ginny laughed. "Bring her to Vadadeces."

I was dragged to a room, and brought before Vadadeces.

The burly man pushed me down. I was forced to kneel.

He studied me. "The Moon Girl."

I glared at him. "Give. Ron. Back."

"Humph. I suppose I have to keep my promises." He carelessly flicked his wand and a Risener crumpled. His body was dragged out of the room.

And then-

"Ron." I breathed.

His gag was removed and he looked around.

"LUNA!" He yelled.

"Ron!" I cried. Bruises covered every single inch of his body, and I could see a deep, fresh cut on both his face and leg. Whip marks were also displayed.

"No." He whimpered. He turned to his captors. "Take me back."

The captors grinned ghoulishly.

"Stupefy!"

Ron collapsed. I stifled a scream.

Then they threw him out of the window like a rag doll and I let out a shout of panic.

"DID YOU K-KILL HIM?" I yelled. "That wasn't part of the deal."

"Depends." Vadadeces said, his voice silky. "On whether he survives or not."

I swallowed a sob. If Ron died... then Harry would be crying over two people. Ron AND I.

"Shut her up." Vadadeces said. Ginny shoved a bit of cloth in my mouth and dragged me into a dungeon.

"Also," Vadadeces said. His mouth was curled into an evil smile. "since Lovegood here likes Muggles so much; wand, Ginerva."

Ginny gave him her wand. Instead of looking upset, her expressions were contorted into a sneer.

Okay. I didn't care much about her expressions, but I knew that there wasn't any Crucio for me. So I was sort of relieved.

Ginny dragged me to the dungeons, where she handcuffed me into a wall with spiked handcuffs. They dug into my wrists, and blood trickled down my arms. I bit my lip. I didn't want to give Ginny the satisfaction of me screaming.

Little did I know.

"Luna Lovegood." She whispered, using the blade of a dagger to force me to look at her.

"I swore the second I saw you with Harry that I was going to get revenge. Now I finally get my chance. Prepare yourself, traitor."

My heart started to pound.

Then-

Three monsters with eyes of fire closed on me, whips in hand.