Chapter 38. Possession

Ginny's POV

"My Lord!" I wheezed. 

"Impius." Vadadeces's cold, calm, silky voice sent a shiver down my spine. 

"I am sorry, my Lord! I did not expect Lovegood to summon the moon. Please, have mercy." I sobbed. If he tortured me, I was doomed.

"Me neither. Summoning nature is one of the deepest branches of magic. But I have a secret..." He curled his skeletal fingers at me.

"Now Malfoy has left us, you are my most trusted Risener. (A/N New term for Dark people part of the Risen.) Although I cannot summon nature, I can possess people at will. As you can see..." 

Vadadeces closed his eyes and muttered something in French. Suddenly, it felt as though my soul had left my body. I was drifting through limbo, unable to move, but to speak. This was probably what you called 'travelling through your mind-' except that this time it was limbo. 

Vadadeces's voice called out in the distance...

"Duel me... duel me...

I felt searing pain shoot through my soul-body. My insides boiled and my blood froze. I tried to gasp, but nothing came out. My mind screamed. My body screamed. My brain yelled, "YOU CAN'T DUEL HIM, GINNY. YOU WOULD DIE."

But there was no other choice. I tried to grasp my wand, and with a jerk, I  noticed that I could grasp my wand. Targeting Vadadeces's hand, I muttered, 

"Icendio." At least he could put out the flames if  I hit him.

Then I could move again. I sank to the floor, my knees weak. 

"And, Impius, I can also suck out all the magic in a person." Vadadeces twirled his wand between his skeletal hands.

"My Lord!" I cried. Whatever happened, I did not want my magic sucked out.

"Yes, yes, I know, Impius. That is why I shall try the possession on Potter, and the sucking of magic on... whoever you want." He sneered at me.

"Luna Lovegood." I said promptly.

He nodded. "Hmmm... you really want revenge on her, don't you? But I shall save the moon girl for later. Her powers...can be put to good use. And I need to summon nature to win this war. Removing her magic... tut tut. It wouldn't do." He turned his horrendous face to me.

"Anyone else?" 

I thought hard. Cho? Nah. Too weak. Someone that was really close to Harry. Ron? 

"Ronald Weasley." I said.

He raised his eyebrows and leered at me. 

"Shall do."