Chapter 55. Talking

Okay Ron's POV (forgive me if this turns out terrible) GO TO BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS 

I heard footsteps from the stairs and looked up, Hermione's hand still on my shoulder.

"Hi, Harry." I said. "Been a while." 

Simultaneously, we both hugged each other. I pulled back, half-smiling. 

Harry sat down next to me. For the first time in ages, I took a good look at him. His bright green eyes were laden with worry, his face crinkled in stress. With a jolt, I realised mine wouldn't be any different. The stuff we went through... god, we were eleven when we started fighting the dark arts.

"-plan, Hermione?" I looked up and realised Harry was saying something.

"Vadadeces seems a little bit weaker than Voldemort, huh? Hasn't made any kills yet."

"Harry... I don't think you spotted something about Vadadeces. He likes to... kind of... test the waters before actually causing the Wizarding World trouble. Haven't you realised? Every time he got one of us, Ron for example, Vadadeces never gave orders to Gin- Impius to k-kill Ron. Vadadeces's cunning. He wants to test your limits, how far you'll go to save your friend, family... once he's got that, he'll won't stop at anything." Hermione said.

"Sounds like Voldy Moldy." Harry said listlessly. "Fine. I think Vadadeces tested my limits enough. But what the hell does he want? Voldy wanted to get rid of me because if the prophecy, neither can live while the other survives, but what about Vadadeces? S'not like I punched his grandma." Harry said.

I watched their conversation in silence. 

"Power?" Harry said.

"Yeah." I said. "Or maybe some other Gaunt reason..." I glanced at the others to see if they got my joke. Hermione showed a faint smile. "Maybe Vadadeces wanted to kill all muggles and keep Wizarding blood pure." I glanced at Hermione half-heartedly. 

"But that doesn't really make sense. He got Luna, she's a pure-blood... he got you, Ron, ypu're definitely a pure-blood... Malfoy as well, he's purer than distilled water." Hermione said.

"True." I said. "Distilled water." I chortled. 

Harry managed a snort. "I'm going to check on Luna." 

He left. 

Hermione scooted closer to me. 

"Ron... something I wanted to ask you." She said.

"Okay." I said thickly. "Go on." 

"Do you think you'd be able to face Ginny? In battle? I mean, I don't blame you, you're her brother..." Hermione's voice trailed away. 

"Yes." I said firmly. "Definitely. Do you know what that- that woman said when I was kept in... there? She told me you were dead. That moment of agony... If I could grab my wand. I would've Avada Kedavra'ed right then and there. Hermione, she's my sister, and I'm ashamed of it. She has blood on her hands. Literally. Look at Luna. Look at Harry. Look at me. She deserves death." Even as I said it, I wasn't sure if I actually meant it. I wasn't sure. 

"Oh... Ron!" Hermione looked up with me, her eyes unreadable but glistening withtears. She hugged me. I wasn't sure if she was touched, sad, delighted, devastated... I thought it was the latter.

A/N thank you so much for 17K reads! Important announcement: I am REWRITING Umbridge's death. sorry. I just think that she deserved a MUCH more painful death, so I am deleting the two chapters of Umbridge's death and leaving her to die later in the story (along with Ginny and some others). Give me some ideas, I've already re-read the PJO series (DONT WORRY I AM HARRY'S GIRL THROUGH AND THROUGH) and I was thinking like Umbridge's should have a Fields-of-Punishment like torture. I've skimmed through some medieval tortures, gave me some ideas, but PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS FOR UMBRIDGE'S TORTURE! AND GINNY'S! WHOEVER HAS THE BEST ONE GETS A FOLLOW!!! (the more painful the better) ❤️❤️

and please decide on who to resurrect. I am really confused.