Chapter 56. Discovery

Harry's POV (yay)

"I'm going to check on Luna." I said, and walked off. As I stepped out of the room, I saw Hermione scoot next to Ron. Ron was unreadable. Hermione looked helplessly devastated.

I gritted my teeth and went to Luna's side. 

"Hey, Luna." I squatted next to her. She sat up in the bed. 

"Harry..." she smiled sadly. "You're going to do something stupid, aren't you? The Wrackspurts... what a horrible time for them to infest your mind." 

I smile faintly. "Not stupid. Something necessary." 

"Hmm?" Luna looked curiously at me. Her hand crept up to mine.

"I'm... going to look for Vadadeces. Confront... him." I said solemnly.

I could see the light in her beautiful eyes flicker with doubt. For the first time, my quirky, lovely Luna was scared. And I hated that. But what's more important? My girlfriend, or the Wizarding World?

I couldn't decide. Luna had once told me something: a hero would sacrifice a loved one for the world. A villain would sacrifice the world for a loved one.

Now, I wasn't sure whether I was the hero or the villain. I pushed the thought aside and assumed I was a hero.

"Harry?" Luna prompted.

"Oh-um... what?"

Luna smiled vaguely. "I said, why?"

"Oh." I brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I wanted to confront him. To ask why. Under a flag of truce."

"And do you think that Vadadeces wouldn't attack you just because you arrived on a flag of truce?"

"No." I admitted.

"And do you still want to go?"

"Um- there's a chance he'll accept it. So yes."

Luna sat back in her chair. Her eyes were glittering.

"When are we going?"

"Tomorrow- wait- we?"

"Yes, Harry. I'm coming with you."

For a second I was brain-dead. Random, mixed thought we're running through my head: I won't get her in danger. I'm stupid. Luna's too precious. Help. Bombastic side eye. Is this self-harm? I need a therapist. Criminal offensive side eye.

To my greatest surprise, I felt myself nod. I heard myself say: "Sure. But we might both die."

"At least its we, not I."

At that moment, I really loved my Luna.

A/N hahaHAAAAA

Sorry for the crappy chapter. I'll update the day after tomorrow. And I JUST MIGHT MAKE MY ACCOUNT PRIVATE IF YOU GUYS KEEP BLOWING UP MY INBOX NOTIFICATIONS-