Chapter 32. Escape From the Chamber

Harry's POV

I was immediately indulged in the black smoke. Coughing and spluttering, I straightened up. Vadàdécès had disappeared. It was time to return to more pressing matters- where was Luna?

"Luna? Luna?" I called. My voice echoed dismally around the Chamber. I started to run, calling for her. Suddenly, I skidded on something wet. I nearly fell over. My arm touched the liquid that had tripped me. It came out sticky and red. It was blood.

"LUNA!" I yelled. My gaze followed the trail of blood- then I saw her, lying on top of a hidden stone, her blonde hair covering her face.

"Luna, Luna... please don't be dead, please..." I sunk to my knees, shifting the hair out of her face. "Reverberate!"

Immediately, Luna's eyelashes fluttered. She sat up, and immediately broke down in tears.

"Luna... it's okay, it's okay... what happened?" I whispered, patting her back.

"Ginny... cut... Crucio..." She sobbed.

"Ginny?" I asked, my voice unnaturally high. As she buried her head in my robes, I saw her arm bleeding profusely. I blanched as I saw the word 'Freak' carved into Luna's alabaster skin.

"DID SHE DO THIS?" I yelled.

"Y-yes..." Her voice was muffled but I could hear the pain in her voice. I took my wand and slid it over the cut, leaving the ugly scar on her forearm. It reminded me of Hermione.

"Did she- torture you?" I whispered.

Luna didn't speak.

"Did she?" I pressed on.

She nodded. "T-twice."

I let out a roar of rage. "TWICE?"

"Harry... it's fine..." She murmured.

"It is NOT FINE WHATSOEVER!" I shouted. My voice echoed around the chamber. I looked around uneasily.

"Maybe we should go. Can you get my wand?" Asked Luna.

"Accio Wand!"

Her wand soared into my hand and I caught it.

"Here you go." I muttered, pressing the wand into her hand. Luna smiled weakly.

"We need to get out of here. KREACHER!" I summoned the elf. A loud crack and he appeared.

"Master Harry needs Kreacher?" Kreacher asked, bowing.

"Yes, and Luna too. Can you get us out of here?" I asked.

"Yes, Master." The elf stuck out his hand and I held onto it.

A loud crack and we disappeared.