Chapter 2

Ashton was woken up with the feeling of two little hands pushing on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and almost jumped from the sight of Harry so close to him.

"Ashton," Harry whined. Ashton grumbled and wiped the sleep out of his eyes.

"I'm hungry," Harry said making Ashton look over at the clock on his night stand.

It was almost noon, but for some reason Ashton was extremely tired.

Without a word, Ashton pulled himself out of bed and dragged himself to the kitchen to make Harry something to eat.

After looking through the cupboards he decided to just make them a Vegemite sandwich. Ashton wasn't the best cook.

"Lauren," Ashton shouted, too lazy to walk to her room.

"What?" she shouted back.

"Do you what a Vegemite sandwich?" Ashton called kind of annoyed that they were just yelling back and forth to each other. But he was too lazy to go to Lauren and it was obvious she was too lazy to get up as well.

After she shouted back a yes, Ashton made both of his siblings a sandwich before making himself a bowl of cereal.

After he finished eating he made his way to his garage where his drum set was. He loved to play the drums, but he didn't do it very often since he had a job, used to go to school, and watched after his sister and brother.

Ashton pushed a bandana into his hair as he always did. That way it kept his long curls from falling into his face while he drummed.

He was probably in the garage for about an hour before he heard the door open. He looked up from his set and saw his smiling mom.

"Hi honey."

"Hi, you're home early," Ashton said standing up.

"I was able to get off early today," she smiled.

Ashton followed her inside the house and made his way into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and a banana. He made his way up stairs after throwing his banana peel in the trash can.

He got incredibly sweaty while he was drumming, so he needed to shower.

A half an hour later, he made his way downstairs and pulled on his black converse that were sitting by the front door.

"I'm going for a walk," Ashton called to his mom in the kitchen before making his way out of the door.

Ashton loved walking around LA. Especially now that summer was ending quickly, and the fall air was starting to settle in.

Ashton loved all the lights, and the atmosphere of LA, he went on walks often just to take in the city.

Ashton walked in a few stores before finally deciding to hit Starbucks on the way home. He pulled open the door, letting the familiar scent of the coffee shop hit his senses.

He walked to the back of the line, scanning the menu as he has done so many times before.

"Ashton?" he heard from a voice in front of him.

He looked down to see Sam smiling.

"Hey Sam," he smiled politely. He looked around to see if Michael was with her, as he usually was but this time he was no where to be found.

"Michaels not here," Sam laughed.

"Didn't think so," Ashton said as he let out a small laugh too.

As Ashton and Sam both moved up in line, he noticed Reagan walk up behind Sam.

"Oh hey," Ashton said with a smile to Reagan. He knew Sam and her were talking at the party the night before, but he never really thought about them hanging out again.